Human Resources Business Partner - Global Marketing, Open to flexible working
At Diageo, there are three core assets that drive growth across our business: our brands, people and Culture. HR Business Partners play a role of ensuring we have the right conditions in place to develop and unleash the potential of our talent; our leaders and their teams. It is to challenge and support in equal measure; to help strategically shape the future organisation to deliver the biggest possible performance outcomes.
Globally, Diageo is home to 1200 strong Marketing professionals, leading our brands in all geographies and our business in pursuit of the Performance Ambition. Every day, this team make sense of the motivations of our consumers and customers and leverage our distinctive strength in creating amazing, enduring connections with people through our brands and innovation work.
Our Marketeers bring greater clarity and precision to the work we do and foster even greater flair and creative leaps that delight the world around us, inspiring our business, our consumers, and our communities to celebrate life every day, everywhere.
The Global Function Marketing team comprises five sub functions: Global Brand teams, Global Innovation, Consumer Planning, Digital Marketing and Design. In addition, we lead visitor experience through our brand homes in Scotland, Ireland and Madrid. The total headcount of this team is just over 500 colleagues.
The remit for this role includes Global Brand teams, Consumer Planning, Digital Marketing and Design and may be adjusted from time to time to meet business needs (excludes Innovation and Brand Homes).
At Diageo we are the modern-day custodians of some of the best, most loved brands in the world. Brands with hundreds of years of history, brands of exceptional quality, and brands that will be the giants of the future. Our Marketeers are known for excellence in brand building, innovation, media, consumer planning, design, and responsible marketing and embrace creative excellence and rigorous marketing effectiveness in equal measure.
Our communities, consumers and customers are experiencing accelerating change. It is affecting where and how people celebrate and socialize. It is affecting the environment and communities in which we live. Our success will be determined by how we as Marketers lead our brands to meet these changes.
The size of the teams sitting within the remit of this role is approximately 200 employees based predominantly in Amsterdam, Dublin, London and North America.
Key sub-functions include Brand teams, Consumer Planning, Digital Marketing, and Design. The role partners with stakeholders within these areas recognising that each area requires very specialised talent and capabilities. Attention to varied talent attraction, retention and development strategies is necessary.
The incumbent must be able to navigate the matrix organisation, build strong relationships and be able to influence across all levels of the business.
The role works closely with Centres of Expertise to deliver the People Strategy effectively as well as Market HR Directors to drive the talent agenda.
Purpose of Role
This role sits at the heart of driving business growth by bringing to life the five distinctive areas of our People Strategy: Disruptive approach to talent, Inclusion and Diversity, Learning and development, Speed and Simplification and enhancing employee experience.
- Own the talent agenda for Global Function Marketing and pulling the levers of capability, process, WOW, structure, culture, behaviours, leadership, talent to deliver the outcomes for the business.
- Develop the integrated talent & capability plan using internal and external analysis to ensure we have the right talent to deliver the ambitions of the organisation today and tomorrow.
- Partner with leaders to build high performing leadership teams, ensuring rigour, consistency and discipline to driving business performance. Lead transformational initiatives to drive cultural change and greater engagement.
- Partner with Market HRD/HRBPs to facilitate talent movement in and out of the function.
- Partner with Centres of Expertise - Talent Engagement, Reward, Employee Relations, Global Mobility, Learning and Development, Tax teams ensure conditions which drive talent growth while enhancing our ambition as most trusted and respected company in the world.
- Partner with OE team to drive ongoing organisational effectiveness.
Qualifications and experience required
- Preferably HRBP experience with a background in Marketing and Commercial in FMCG companies
- Proven experience in managing the talent agenda and demonstrating strong talent judgement
- Proven ability to influence and build credibility with all levels of stakeholders
- Strong bias for collaboration with Centres of Expertise to deliver business results
- Fair understanding and interpretation of various labour laws and implications to people decisions
- Analytical, interpretative and decision-making skills within a process environment
- Track record of excellent coaching and relationship building skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity, complexity and managing multiple priorities at pace