Digital Communications Officer, part time - 15 hours per week with homeworking
Libraries Connected is the professional body representing the 177 Heads of Library Services in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. We take a leading role in the development of public libraries, through sharing best practices, advocating for continuous improvement on behalf of local people, and leading the debate on the future of the public library service.
Our vision is an inclusive, modern, sustainable and high-quality public library service at the heart of every community in the UK. We believe modern public libraries should be the cornerstone of the community and should deliver a diverse spectrum of local needs around information, learning, literacy, employment and digital skills, health, culture and leisure.
We're looking for a Communications Officer to maintain and develop our digital activity and to support the Marketing and Communications Manager in communications planning, PR and events.
This is a 1 year contract and the role is for 15 hours per week working either from home or our Islington office.
- To work with the Marketing and Communications Manager to develop and manage Libraries Connected’s presence and content on their website, social media channels and other digital platforms
- To maintain the Libraries Connected website, source, write and edit blog posts and develop content ideas
- To identify where and how to place Libraries Connected content, draft media releases and source stories and case studies from our members
- To develop key performance indicators for social media, website engagement, and newsletter response rates and to provide regular reports on website and social media activity using appropriate analytical tools, including Google Analytics.
- To write and edit compelling content targeted to resonate with different audiences, on a range of issues across all digital channels and platforms
- To help with day-to-day operational work, including administrative support and events.
• Using digital communication channels and tools including social media and web techniques and systems to maximise digital engagement
• Developing and executing creative and effective digital communication and campaigns strategies
• Passion for, and experience of, managing and producing a variety of online content and/or digital communications (such as video/audio, infographics, blogs, newsletters and social media posts)
• Copywriting and editing with an ability to adjust tone and content appropriately for the target audience and work within brand and tone of voice guidelines.
• Experience of managing social media for an organisation
• Experience with website content management systems and web-based email programs
• Excellent time management and prioritisation skills with an ability to take the initiative
• Excellent administrative skills and attention to detail.
If this role is for you please click the apply button below for further details and to make your application