Business Content Writer, Home working - 30 hrs/wk
5 days left
- Contract Type
- Contract - interim/fixed term
WISE is a not for profit, community interest company whose purpose is gender balance across UK STEM in industry and education. WISE is a membership organisation which generates its own income through B2B products and services to an increasing number of members and commercial clients. The Business Content Writer is a fantastic opportunity to work in a high-profile national organisation where you can make a difference to society.
The Business Content Writer will drive growth of WISE’s flagship product, the Ten Steps, by producing valuable, actionable and data-driven content for our members. The right person will be comfortable conducting conversations with senior business leaders to extract information and templates for best practices in benchmarking and Diversity and Inclusion. You will produce high quality case studies, best practices and data-driven reports which will provide our members and partners with practical information on how to achieve gender balance in STEM through cultural transformation.
The resources and information produced will form the basis of our key product, the Ten Steps, a framework for providing structured support and advice which allows companies to learn from the experience of others.
As the Business Content Writer, you will use Voice of the Customer techniques to conduct interviews with staff from leading STEM B2B organisations to capture any data, tools or templates, which can be shared with our other member organisations. You will use our members’ experiences and your own external research to write case studies and best practices which provide evidence-based information and advice which can be used across the WISE network. You will be able to critically analyse and extract data from Excel spreadsheets to write data-driven reports and white papers, creating a library of tools to support the Ten Steps.
You will produce insight and content for WISE knowledge sharing events and webinars and produce event write-ups to capture and share the key insights. You will coordinate the information and advice held on the Ten Steps framework, identifying and addressing any gaps, and ensuring the information is kept continuously up to date. The analysis you undertake will enable WISE to stay at the forefront of thought leadership on gender equality in STEM.
- Salary; £27,406 per annum pro rata for contract period and weekly working hours, we may consider a higher salary grade dependent on the candidate experience.
- Contract; 6-months fixed term
- 5% pension contribution for eligible employees
- London weighting of £2,500 where applicable
Location: Place of work will be home-based at your home address. Home-based workers need to ensure they have a safe and reasonable space, security and privacy in which to work, and an internet connection able to adequately support work systems.
- The post is part-time at 30 hours per week
- Hours of work will be Monday to Friday office hours, with flexible working patterns
- 25 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays, pro rata for contract period and working hours
- The role will be subject to a 6-month probationary period
- Use Voice of the Customer techniques to interview B2B leaders to gain valuable business insights from partners and member organisations.
- Write case studies, best practices and reports which will provide our members and partners with information on how to achieve gender balance in STEM through cultural transformation.
- Critically analyse our members’ experiences and external research to understand the challenges members face and use this to produce evidence-based information and data-driven advice which can be used across the WISE network.
- Produce event write-ups and reports to capture and share key business insights to support the Ten Steps framework and enable knowledge sharing among members.
- Coordinate the information and advice held on our Ten Steps framework, identifying and addressing any gaps, and ensuring the information is kept up to date on an ongoing basis.
- Create insight and data-driven content for WISE knowledge sharing events and webinars which positions WISE as a thought leader and enhances the support provided to our members.
- Undertake analysis which will enable WISE to stay at the forefront of thought leadership on gender equality in STEM.
- Support colleagues in preparing for key events by keeping up to date on the latest research and carrying out literature searches.
- To maintain accurate records by regularly updating the WISE CRM.
- To undertake any other relevant duties as required.
Successful track record in:
- Conducting interviews and using Voice of the Customer techniques.
- Writing engaging case studies, best practices and reports from analysis of a wide range of sources to produce content that supports business improvement.
- Producing evidence-based information and advice resources from research and analysis.
- Producing insights for external business audiences – ideally in a STEM field.
- Coordinating information resources to ensure content is kept up to date.
- Conducting research, including interviews on business-critical topics, and analysing quantitative and qualitative data.
- Experience of a diversity and inclusion or a relevant sector or business environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experienced in data handling and using Excel to interrogate data.
- A background working in, or with, B2B organisations would be very valuable
- Able to conduct high quality interviews with B2B businesses to extract actionable knowledge and write engaging content to share best practices
- Understanding of the diversity and inclusion debate and current business strategies to achieve gender parity
- Ability to convert business insights to actionable recommendations
- Ability to analyse and assimilate information to produce business best practices and other content
- First rate organisational and time management skills
- Strong IT skills, experienced in using CRM packages and highly skilled in all MS Office packages including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and online systems
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to use own initiative and work with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and team-working skills
- Degree or equivalent qualification or experience
- Personal and professional integrity
- Data driven outcomes/results-orientated
- Collaborative style
- B2B experience or commercial thinking
- Enthusiasm for, and understanding of, the WISE cause and the need for gender parity in STEM
Please send an up to date CV and supporting letter of no longer than 2 sides of A4 with examples demonstrating a successful track record of achievement in a similar role, outlining why you are interested in this role and contact details for two referees to Kirstie Whipp via the application method below.
The closing date for applications is Monday 30 November 2020. Interviews will be held via video-call on Thursday 10 December 2020.
Applicants who have been shortlisted will be notified by Friday 4 December. Unfortunately, we will not be able to inform applicants if they have been unsuccessful. If you have not been contacted by 4 December please assume you have been unsuccessful.
Apply for Business Content Writer, Home working - 30 hrs/wk
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly