Programme Manager, Open to flexible working
Want to use your skills to significantly improve the daily lives of scientists and employees across R&D so they can help patients? Want to be part of high performing teams containing world class talent? Do you have a passion for driving high performance data operations, developing innovative, cutting-edge data solutions to scientific and operational business problems? Then this could be the role for you..
The R&D Data & Computational Sciences Group has the mission to improve R&D decision making through the better use of its data. The focus is on driving efficient and effective delivery and implementation so we can maximize the effective use and availability of internal and external data assets via new data analytical tools and capabilities to users across all of R&D from those reporting the data, those conducting data discovery through to experts in data and computational science. This will require individuals with technical program management leadership qualities, an appreciation of the value of data and the ability to drive the embedding of new ways of working. If think you have what it takes, then read on further about this fantastic opportunity.
The purpose of this role is to provide the project and program management skills, capabilities and discipline to the R&D Data & Computational Sciences Group. This role will drive collaborative, efficient coordination & integration across the multidisciplined project technical teams to deliver quality Data Program & Projects. This individual will ensure an effective execution of projects with best practice methodologies while maintaining control of scope, key artifacts and delivery to target.
- To build, develop and drive delivery against each stage of the process underpinned by a team endorsed plan
- Collaboration across data and IT professionals on R&D Data & Computational Sciences Group projects to identify clear work packages and appropriate delivery milestones for reporting & tracking.
- Maintain best practice in deliverable progress following consistent data processes, decision tracking, risks management, budgets etc
- Effective communication with program management & project stakeholders
- Monitor and maintain performance across project team members including any 3rd parties
- Negotiate solutions and address emergent issues
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Project Management Professional (PMP, APM or equivalent)
- Extensive experience in a relevant field or area
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Science or Engineering Graduate
- Project Management Competencies including ability to produce & maintain a project schedules and plans.
- Understanding of data / Technology related processes, quality practices and development lifecycles
- Experience of resource demand management aligned to project schedules
- Working knowledge of pro-active Project Risk Management plus issue management and resolution
- Ability to apply Agile, Scrum, Kanban practices and related tools as required
- Experience with 3rd party Vendor and off shore management
- Learning ability to build understanding in R&D Data & Computational Sciences Group processes and approach
- Able to effectively interact with a broad range of people from business leaders to technical delivery teams
- Able to Manage, motivate and maintain focus and of team towards delivery
- Proactive stakeholder management and communications
- Ability to negotiate, influence and hold team members to account as required for project success
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements.