Sterile Production Operators, Open to flexible working
Permanent & FTC opportunities
There are a number of exciting opportunities for operators within the Steriles Business Unit at GSK's manufacturing site, Barnard Castle. Both permanent and fixed term contracts available .
We proudly manufacture 38 different medicines in over 1500 pack variations to treat HIV, cancer, infectious diseases, migraines, psoriasis, dermatitis, asthma, cold sores and acne, to name just a few. We supply to over 130 markets around the world. We are preparing to support COVID-19 pandemic response.
About the job
Successful applicants will work as part of the Sterile production team which manufacture, fill, inspect, assemble and pack sterile liquid products.
The team currently supports:
- Manufacture of products via fixed route mobile vessel or disposable technology
- Filling of aseptic and terminally sterilised products
- Manual or automated visual inspection
- High speed assembly of syringe products
- Manual and automated packing of sterile products
Responsibilities may include but will not be limited to:
- Setting up and operating a range of filling machines and equipment within both Aseptic and Class 10,000 environments . This includes performing critical device challenges,
- Running and servicing the Aseptic Filling Isolators, working with disposable technologies and sanitisation process such as Vapourised Hydrogen Peroxide and Low Pressure Plasma ,
- Sterile manufacture of buffers and products,
- Loading and unloading service and terminal sterilisation autoclaves,
- Performing Filter Integrity Testing ,
- Perform BQG activities ( eg ; MD8 monitoring, Finger Dabs, Garment Monitoring, Settle Plate Monitoring, Glove Monitoring),
- To set up and operate a range of semi automatic and fully automatic Packaging and Inspection machines including Critical Device and Guard Check challenges.
- Stage required materials in line with production requirements
- Order consumables from the Warehouse./ External suppliers
- Completing documentation in an accurate and timely manner ,
- Working on a variety of computer and automation systems
PLEASE NOTE: The Barnard Castle site runs a 7 day per week manufacturing operation. This role is within the site's negotiated roles and is a shift-based position . The shift pattern s are subject to change according to business requirements.
We are looking for highly motivated and performance driven individuals with previous pharmaceutical manufacturing / production experience , preferably within a clean room environment .
You will need to:
- Have a minimum of 5 GCSE's including Maths and English ,
- Demonstrate the GSK Values : Transparency, respect, integrity, patient focus,
- Meet the GSK Expectation s of : Teamwork, courage, development and accountability
- Learn fast and have a desire to develop new skills both for yourself and the team,
- Be able to apply current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP), explaining its fundamental importance to pharmaceutical manufacture.
- Operate complex, technical processes, both manual and automatic, adhering to safety and GMP standards,
- Be computer literate with experience or ability to learn quickly a number of different systems such as MERP, Dispense/Weigh Systems, Siemens PCS7, PIMMS, Microsoft Office, document management systems
- Be able to troubleshoot problems and drive continuous improvement
- Have flexibility to work the defined shift patterns
Help us to know more about you by using the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to clearly describe how you meet the competencies for the role, as outlined in the 'about you ' section. The information that you provide in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
For GSK employees, approval for application must be sought from your existing line manager before applying for this role.
CLOSING DATE for applications: Monday 23rd November
About Barnard Castle:
Our Barnard Castle facility is a key secondary manufacturing site within the GSK network, and one of GSKs flagship New Product Introduction sites . It bring s ground-breaking medicines to people all over the world at the right quality and the right price.
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative medicines and brands. Our products are used by millions of people around the world, helping them to do more, feel better and live longer. Employing over 100,000 people globally, we have 71 manufacturing sites around the world. For more information on GSK please refer to our website: www.gsk.com
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements.