Finance Manager, part time, 1.5 - 2 days per week
Firetail is looking for an experienced Finance Manager looking for a flexible role in a great team.
Firetail is a strategy consulting firm that helps organisations committed to social progress. We are a small, growing team based in London and Berlin, and we work around the world with interesting people on important issues facing society.
People at Firetail come from many different backgrounds, but we all share common traits. We’re practical optimists, working openly and with purpose towards social progress. We believe in the power of ideas, grounded in evidence and insights, to help transform the world around us.
Our clients include government organisations, charities, international organisations, foundations, social enterprises and universities. You can find out more about us at www.firetail.co.uk.
About the role
Firetail is looking for a Finance Manager to continue the smooth running of our finance and operations.
The role reports directly to the Director and works closely with our team of consultants. This role is at the heart of our team - our finance manager plays an essential role in the success of the business.
At the moment, we envisage this role taking between 1.5 to 2 days per week. We can be flexible on the pattern of those hours.
The team is currently working remotely but, when we can return, we would prefer the majority of the time to be based at our London office (in Bethnal Green). We are open to conversations about how to make this role fit the right candidate.
You will be a supportive and positive team player who shares our values and wants to make an essential contribution to a dynamic team.
You will have excellent attention to detail, personal organisation and communication skills.
You will combine a commercially-minded approach with enthusiasm for working in a team with a strong values.
You will be part-qualified or qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA) and will have experience of providing finance support in a stand-alone role ideally to an organisation similar to ours (SME).
Firetail has well developed processes and systems, based on cloud-based services including FreeAgent, Slack, Gmail and Dropbox. Familiarity with FreeAgent in particular would be desirable.
As we grow our team in Berlin, German speaking/language skills would also be helpful (but not essential).
- Processing invoices, payments and credit control
- Cashflow (UK, Germany)
- Preparing quarterly Management Accounts, year-end financial statements and any ad hoc reports.
- VAT returns and corporation tax payments.
- Preparing monthly payroll.
- Overseeing pension contributions.
- Management and maintenance of balance sheet reconciliations (Fixed Assets, various bank accounts in sterling and foreign currencies)
- Managing our financial and project systems on FreeAgent
- Expense management and disbursement
- Additional oversight of related companies
- Additional financial tasks (e.g. petty cash, managing subscriptions etc)
- Companies House submissions.
- Liaising with external accountant.
- Overseeing Berlin dependent branch (payroll, invoicing, payments, cashflow)
- Supporting consultants in the set-up, management and reporting of projects, including contract support and project pricing and review
- Working closely with the team to ensure the project milestones have been met.
- Monitoring and maintaining sales pipeline, key account profiles, running established account management systems
- Ensuring timesheets and expenses are up-to-date
- Accurate analysis of business performance, including project budgets and contract monitoring
- Employee utilisation reporting
- As the key support role in a small team, you will be expected to support other general and ad hoc activities that ensure the smooth running of the office.
- The role involves a level of office management and supporting human resources, including pensions, staff lists, preparation of employment contracts for new joiners and induction.
Working at Firetail
Our London team works from our office at The PillBox in Bethnal Green, East London. The PillBox has great facilities including a café, gym and outside space.
Salary and pension: The salary will be equivalent to £40-45k, pro-rated. The post holder is eligible to join the company’s stakeholder pension scheme after successful completion of a three-month probation period.
Holidays: The annual leave entitlement is 25 days plus public holidays. Firetail’s holiday entitlement runs from 1st April to 31st March.
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter via the application method below by Friday 20th November 2020.
Apply for Finance Manager, part time, 1.5 - 2 days per week
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly