Senior Consultant - Reward - People Advisory Services, Open to flexible working
People Advisory Services (PAS) harnesses the collective power of all or our people – related services into a single integrated global sub-service line of over 10,000 people delivering over $1.4bn in revenue. We provide our clients with a set of integrated services and offerings solving their most pertinent people-related business challenges.
PAS has been targeted as an area of significant growth as clients increasingly require advice in building their people capabilities at a time when global demand for talent is at its highest. As well as attracting and retaining talent, clients are also looking at how they raise overall organisational performance through their entire workforce.
This means building their capabilities, processes and systems in workforce optimisation, inclusion, organisational development and culture.
Our Reward offering is one of our key growth areas within PAS, focusing on supporting financial services organisations’ adoption of ‘Reward Reimagined’ – shifting traditional thinking to consider an increased need for agile reward, enhanced Employee Value Proposition and employee experience, digital technology enablement, innovation, cost optimisation and transactions.
EY’s PAS team is a diverse group of expert practitioners who build and deliver targeted Reward solutions that are business-focused, cost-effective, and successful in meeting the needs of all their stakeholders. They are a client facing team who have cross-sector experience reaching different employee groups across complex, global environments.
As a Senior Consultant you will play an integral role in supporting our range of clients in the financial services sector.
Your key responsibilities
- Lead or support Reward workstreams throughout the cycle of complex Reward Transformation programmes
- Developing relevant and flexible Total Reward for clients, including:
- Conducting current state assessment
- Advising clients on industry benchmarks related to Total Reward, alignment of performance and reward with remuneration regulatory expectations
- Designing executive and broader employee groups variable reward schemes
- Advising Remuneration Committees, providing knowledge of the Corporate Governance Code and broader Investor practices
- Evolving insights on Employee Value Propositions, alignment of Performance, Reward and Talent initiatives to drive productivity and engagement
- Supporting clients in complex transactions (mergers, acquisitions and divestitures), including:
- Conducting financial due diligence on HR, Total Reward programs, assessing operation readiness for a transaction
- Advising on the financial implications of severance and executive compensation arrangements
- Developing and executing strategies for Total Reward programs
- Identify and build new opportunities by establishing and leveraging client relationships
- Contribute to preparation of proposals and new business development activities for potential clients
- Coach and provide learning opportunities for junior team members
Skills and attributes for success
- Authenticity and strong personal impact, able to influence and persuade clients and stakeholders to gain support for major changes and key decisions
- Thought leader with growth mindset and a desire to challenge established practices
- Skilled in leading teams and encouraging collaboration amongst team members, passionate about motivating and empowering teams to maximise performance
- Confident and effective in recognising and managing potential issues during client assignments
- Resilient and able to work under pressure to deliver a pragmatic solution
- Creative thinking, using agile methods and innovative approaches to tackle complex problems and to deliver insightful, practical and sustainable solutions
- Reinforces our values through day to day behaviour and challenges disrespectful behaviour
- Passionate about our purpose – building a better working world
To qualify for the role, you will have
- Strong core consulting skills and broad range of experience across Reward, gained through experience working in a professional services firm or global consultancy
- Proven experience in people-related programmes, specialising in Reward and Performance initiatives/transformation programs, delivering and owning significant portions of the project lifecycle in a complex, multi-stakeholder environment
- Management consultant/Reward professional with relevant experience advising clients on large-scale Reward and/or Transformation programmes within large, complex organisations
- Demonstrable ability to proactively build relationships and manage client stakeholders, including, providing robust advice, constructive challenge, influencing decisions, delivering difficult messages and managing performance issues
- Experience of working in the Financial Services Sector
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Banking and Insurance sector transformation experience: delivering Reward programmes to Banking and/or Insurance clients, utilising a deep understanding of sector-specific context and challenges to support clients deliver change
- Relevant degree-level education
What we look for
- First and foremost, we’re looking for individuals with strong core consulting skills who can demonstrate real impact in delivering Reward Transformations to clients in Financial Services
- We’re also looking for team members who want to contribute to a great team environment and continue to learn and grow with us
- As our business is evolving, we need people who can develop our service offerings, understand client needs, grow our internal capability and connect with our global PAS business to maximise our global knowledge and experience
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
EY is a leading provider of business advice and services to clients in the Financial Services industry, working with some of the biggest names in the sector to address challenges posed by customer trends, market conditions, competition and regulators, and delivering real, sustainable change.
Our People Advisory Services (PAS) team is one of EY’s fastest growing teams. We work with clients as trusted advisors, to help them deliver on large scale transformations across banking and insurance.
With our continued success we’re diversifying and building our Digital HR and Change and Transformation offerings. This is a great opportunity to contribute to a wide range of engagements and direction of our rapidly expanding team.
Our focus areas include:
- Future Workforce planning and Organisational Design
- Change Management including: cost reduction and operational efficiencies, regulatory change, behavioural and cultural change
- Digital Transformation – Banking and Insurance
- Digital HR and HR Transactions
- Post-merger or transaction integration support
As we strive to build the better working world, our culture promotes providing you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you are excited about what you’ve read about us and our ambition, get in contact today, we would love to hear from you.
Join us in building a better working world.