Logistics Executive, Open to flexible working
From Arthur Guinness to Johnnie Walker, our business was founded on people of great character, and in 250 years, nothing’s changed. We’re the world’s leading premium alcohol company. Our brands are industry icons. And our success is thanks to the strength of our people, in every role. It’s why we trust them with our legacy. And it’s why we reward them with the career-defining opportunities that they deserve.
Our ambition is to create the best performing, most trusted and respected Consumer Products Company in the world. To achieve these, we need the world’s very best people.
Feel inspired? Then this may be the opportunity for you.
Justerini & Brooks (“J&B”) is a London, Hong Kong and Edinburgh based wine and spirits merchant, founded in 1749 and one of the world’s most recognised names in fine wine with a royal warrant and a high reputation for quality and service. It has a long history in supplying the needs of major wine collectors. Justerini & Brooks is also now looking to develop a Private Client business focussed on rare and collectable whiskies.
Justerini & Brooks private clients are the global elite, many of whom spend over £50k per annum with J&B (and some over £1m). As such they demand a luxury experience at every touch point in J&B. The international fine wine and luxury spirits markets are competitive and demanding. The focus for J&B is to continually develop our service in line with client needs. The aim is to beat the competition and to develop long-standing client and supplier relationships by ensuring we offer market leading advice, stock and service to our customers.
Justerini & Brooks also has a dedicated on-trade division which supplies wines and spirits to restaurants, bars, hotels and catering companies. There is also a sales channel specifically focused on supplying wines and spirits, including its house whisky J&B Rare, to the off trade throughout the UK.
Business Structure & Financial
- J&B is a c. £44m NSV business with over 4,000 active customers in 20 different locations and over 4,000 SKUs.
- J&B has four different office locations including one in Hong Kong.
- J&B runs a bespoke ERP system called Bevica; it also has amendments to standard Diageo policies considering its private client customer base and role in the luxury arena.
- J&B’s commercial structure includes private client sales teams in both the UK and HK, an on-trade and an off-trade sales team, and a broking and buying team.
- J&B’s customers are served by two warehouses: a fine warehouse in Corsham, Wiltshire and a trade warehouse in Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire.
- J&B’s business is both B2B and B2C including interactions with demanding high net worth individuals.
Business Structure & Market Complexity
The global fine wine and collectable whisky markets are complex, as is the UK on and off-trade market for wine and spirits. Each of these sales channels produce their own challenges that need to be managed within the business. The organisational structure and culture needed to be successful suited to succeed in luxury, and with an average 20% GM is very different from the challenges faced in wider Diageo.
Win through Execution
- Rigorously plans and prioritises workload and management of team and key stakeholders.
- Simplifies: seeks to simplify process across the Operations function to drive efficiency.
Shape the Future
- Engages and enrols others, identifies process improvement opportunities and brings the team along on the journey.
- Encourages self and others to experiment and take action, be innovative, restless, persistent in finding solutions to problems.
Invest in Talent
- Displays confidence in their ability to meet challenges and succeed
- Maintains belief and optimism and bounces back quickly from setbacks or failures
- Proactively seeks feedback and development for growth and takes action.
Purpose of Role
To offer an exemplary Logistics service to clients requiring export and cellaring and support to sales and broking through excellent inventory management.
- Arrange international (export) deliveries for private client and trade customers.
- Point of contact for the Hong Kong sales and operations team to for the weekly air freight to Hong Kong, managing the end to end process and resolving any queries effectively and quickly.
- Arrange deliveries of en primeur wines for customers to Cellarers, other bonded addresses and overseas.
- Liaise with the Broking team and our third party fine wine warehouse at Corsham to ensure split rotations are completed in a timely manner.
- Management of the “daily stock snapshot” for the third party warehouse at Hoddesdon, following up on and resolving any discrepancies.
- Process purchase order call offs from Cellarers to all warehouses.
- Support the effective management of Cellarers including landing of stock into Cellarers, creation of rental agreements and associated administration.
- Build genuine and effective relationships with all stakeholders including Broking, Sales, Customer Services, our third party warehouses and external freight forwarders.
- Excellent working knowledge of Cellarers and therefore able to provide holiday and sick cover.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Interest in wine and spirits industry an advantage
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration, and communication skills.
- Ability to build relationships at all levels with internal and external stakeholders.
- Extensive use of PC applications: MS Outlook, Excel, Word. Wine ERP experience (e.g. Maginus or Bevica) an advantage.
- Proven track record in a fast paced, customer facing environment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
Character Is Everything