Tax Manager, Open to flexible working
We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insight empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
The Bristol & Cardiff (Severnside) Direct Tax team comprises 28 people. We deliver tax expertise and strategic business advice to clients of all sizes (including both large corporates and small and medium-sized businesses). In everything we do our aim is to deliver tailored, proactive and value add service to our clients, and we want to develop and grow our advisory offering even further.
Let’s talk about the job
If you enjoy working on a wide-reaching range of projects that will help businesses and communities flourish, you’ll fit right in. Here are some things you can expect from this Tax Manager role.
- Making quality second nature. This means doing what’s right even when no one’s looking. The work that you will do has a major impact on our clients and our firm. We pride ourselves on the high-level standards we have for the work that we do.
- you will lead client relationships and, together with the senior team, deliver solutions on standalone advisory projects
- you will also facilitate a smooth compliance process for key clients, with the associated ad hoc advice
- you will be an integral part of the Severnside teams and will build your wider network by working with other specialists across Grant Thornton
- business development is fundamental to our success and you’ll be involved in growing the business whether that’s through identifying opportunities on existing clients by developing the client relationship or winning new work
- great relationships built on trust underpin our work. In addition to lots of client interaction you will also be a role model for junior members of the team, supporting and championing their development and being involved in our coaching and upskilling efforts
The minimum criteria
- you will be ACA or CTA qualified with post qualification experience (minimum requirement)
Skills to set you apart
- you will be technically strong and keen to develop
- existing advisory experience is desirable, but not essential
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
Collaboration: We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out.
Leadership: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects.
Excellence: Quality is central to our purpose. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Share ideas and profits
Unlike most firms, we’re also a shared enterprise. So when the firm does well, everyone does well by taking home a share of the profits. Of course, to get those profits, we need to share ideas and share responsibility for our work, too.
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
“We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone – regardless of background or gender.” Dave Dunckley, CEO
There’s more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes…the things you do and the people you’re with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you’d like to work flexibly, let us know. We’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.