Product Owner, Traditional Collaboration, Open to flexible working
1 day left
- Contract Type
The Product Owner, Traditional Collaboration role will lead, design, and help own the products and processes to provide strategic direction in alignment with modern employer and industry best practices.
This role will provide mentorship and leadership to transform team to deliver evergreen best practices, while forecasting, budgeting and maintaining relationships and service supply chains with suppliers.
The product owner will deliver a high level of mentorship for the end-to-end delivery and modernisation of traditional teamwork within Shared Areas.
The role will collaborate closely with other teams to ensure full compliance within data integrity, security and various other GSK & industry standards as well as evolving and influencing the needs of the service in partnership with the maturity of GSK & its requirements.
This position will work with suppliers, vendors, and strategic partners to deliver the solutions and services for GSK. This is a collaborative role, functioning as an individual leader, expert and manager, focusing on providing product management and working with suppliers to deliver continuous improvement in the EUS service line.
The role is of a global nature, providing product solutions to multiple business units, often validated and qualified requirements, with totalling over 120,000 users within GSK.
- Accountable for the successful management of traditional collaboration products end to end at highest quality and fair cost.
- Work closely with suppliers to run supply chains and to lead, evolve & design service definitions, models and agreements.
- Provide governance of service and service providers
- Lead product issues to successful resolution and ensure appropriate action based on VoC, VoP and SLA metrics and provide input into product management strategy.
- Own relevant product contracts for GSK and provide governance and financial oversight into all stages of the contract cycle.
- Primary point of contact for customer and vendor and for to the other parts of Support Functions, including regular product reviews,
- Delivery and communication of product roadmaps to partners
- Understands valid customer needs and translates to changes in product to meet the need
- Handle vendor contract execution and procurement tasks
- Lead teams of suppliers or internal staff where applicable
- This is a global role and needs to operate across multiple time zones, geographies (Asia Pacific, Middle East, Africa, Europe, Americas), cultures and Business Units.
- This role is encouraged to keep balance between conflicting interests influencing Service Line such as users expecting high quality product and sponsors expecting low cost
- Highly sophisticated role in terms of both technology, supplier/supply chain management, and processes
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Validated experience handling products, global services, and geographically dispersed teams
- Bachelors (BA/BS) degree, or equivalent technical qualification with 5 years shown experience.
- Masters (MA/MS) degree, or equivalent technical qualification with shown experience.
- Shown ability to engage with partners at all levels and communicate product issues in their terms
- Proven ability to build and communicate forecasts, models, and budgets
- Demonstrated ability for good judgment with strong emphasis on quality, cost and product improvement
- Demonstrated experience with IT management and improvement methodologies such as ITIL, 6S, Lean
- Bachelor's degree or extensive experience in product provision/analysis
- Data Analytics, Information Technology or Business Management
- Has a detailed understanding of IT Service Management
- ITIL, Lean methodologies, 6S skills
- Work effectively within a global, geographically diverse team.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skill establishing strong working relationships and practices with clear accountability for delivery which is repeatable and balanced
- Empathy and understanding of human issues in delivering long term sustainability of products
- Collaborates effectively across in global service teams and across boundaries
- Shown ability to represent company interests when dealing with 3rd Parties
- Understanding of enterprise end user client computer solutions and interface
- Ability to listen, negotiate and influence partners with varying different needs and drivers
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements.