Packaging Technologist, Open to flexible working
In the heart of rural Teesdale, the GSK site at Barnard Castle is a key member of the Pharma Supply Chain (PSC) organization. GSK is a brand leader in Inhaled, Dermatological and Sterile products we manufacture and supply medicines for markets across the world.
The packaging technologist will be responsible for the completion of site packaging activities, including supporting the introduction of new packs, change control activities and dealing with arising issues at site.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support packaging operations activities, including change review and approval.
- Support New Product Introduction (NPI) projects.
- Provide first line technical support and rapid resolution for root cause analysis of packaging operation issues.
- Lead and deliver packaging performance improvement projects through identification and application of specific knowledge/expertise to improve efficiencies, drive down cost and improve value of established products.
- Plan and manage site packaging activities, including coordinating and managing line trials to qualify packaging platforms/systems based on GSK/external standards and requirements. Working with wider GSK team on the Implementation of novel packaging solutions for our new medicine portfolio.
- Provide technical support for new pack set up and pack change activities.
- Ensure packaging components and equipment are validated to the latest standard and produce all necessary documents.
- Provide and/or load technical data (e.g. specifications, drawings) for local and global data systems.
CLOSING DATE for applications: Wednesday 25th November
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Preferred Qualifications and experience:
- A degree in a relevant discipline or relevant work experience
- Appreciation of quality and safety standards that apply to packaging and GMP manufacturing.
- Understanding of packaging materials, their development process and specifications.
- Knowledge of data management systems.
- Knowledge of Operational Excellence and a strong Continuous Improvement mindset.
- Effective communication skills and project management.
- Problem solving and issue resolution.
- Ability to work effectively in cross functional teams.
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements.