Global Biddable Director, Open to flexible working
1 day left
- Contract Type
Are you looking for a leadership role that will play a pivotal role in driving our Biddable Media strategies globally? If so, this Global Biddable Director role could be an exciting opportunity to explore ! - based in GSKH /Brentford .
You will report to our Senior Media Director, Global Strategy and support our Media Leadership team in developing and executing our global Biddable Media strategies through influencing stakeholders at Category, Regional and Market level. You will operate in a highly complex and matrixed environment , with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
With overall responsibility for GSK's global Biddable Strategy, you will have to collaborate successfully with key senior stakeholders , agency partners and tech vendors to ensure a holistic, seamless and future-facing offer. You'll ensure that GSK is at the cutting edge of Biddable Media campaign planning, strategy and execution.
You'll need the ability to think strategically and long-term, while also able to react quickly to changes in the industry and competitor landscape to generate results for our brands .
Working closely with colleagues across departments, you'll need to inspire and engage across the business in order to set GSK's long-term Biddable Media direction that has buy in from everyone.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- Display leadership behaviour aligned to GSK values to drive a culture of collaboration and engagement across the global organisation.
- Devise and implement a global Biddable strategy that focuses, on brand suitability, data driven marketing, a cookieless ecosystem and emerging channels/technology.
- Engagement with and influencing of internal stakeholders across the Media Team and the business to drive effective embedding of recommendations.
- Effectively manage the Media agencies to correctly execute global strategies and best practice.
- Influence internal and external stakeholders' enterprise-wide to become advocates of Media investment through demonstrated delivery and win-win partnerships, securing a competitive advantage for GSK.
- Accountable for developing relationships with the external Media supply base (Media Companies, Media Agencies, Tech vendors), ensuring best for GSK programs and pricing which support the strategic ambitions of GSK.
- Accountable for delivery of the benefits of effective Media implementation and best practice sharing where and when required.
- Developing Capabilities: participate in the development of Media capabilities within the global Media team as well as in the business.
- Provide global support to our in-house Ecosystem project and act as the global Media champion.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE - 27th November 2020
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Educated to degree level - Preferably Marketing and Advertising (especially in the field ).
- Extensive combined Media industry experience, in part with a Media agency or paid Media supplier . Advertiser (client side) experience is a benefit.
- Proven track record as an Industry expert in Biddable Media (Social & Programmatic ) and a strong competency in other channels ( Holistic Search & eComm Media) .
- Experience in global Media preferred and ability to demonstrate thought leadership .
- Demostrable strategic thinking capabilty with well developed presentation skills both written and oral .
- Substantial experience of managing diverse groups of agency personnel and internal stakeholders.
- Strong negotiation skills are required along with a baseline familiarity with Media-related contracting.
- Substantial working knowledge of Media analytics and ROIs required, particularly in paid channels.
- Project and Change management experience with strong leadership and partnering skills.
- Proven ability to deliver the savings target & increase the strategic impact of Media.
- Proven track record o f delivering results with strong business acumen.
- Substantial experience of influencing both downward and upward with the ability to make the right decisions .
- Creative, conceptual thinker, exceptional problem solving/analytical skills.
- Experience of working in a matrix environment and with a high tolerance for ambiguity.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
Experience working with healthcare/consumer brands either agency or in-house
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements.