Vaccines Value Evidence Senior Manager Early Development & Above Brand, Open to flexible working
1 day left
- Contract Type
As Vaccines Value Evidence Senior Manager Early Development & Above Brand you are accountable for supporting the global value evidence strategy and delivery (health outcomes, economics, patient reported outcomes, stakeholder insights including payer, HTAs and patients, and real world evidence) for assets in Early Development and for Above Brand and in alignment with the Value Evidence (VE) accountabilities around the GSK integrated asset operating model.
Collaborative working with diverse business partners across R&D, commercial and regional and LOC VE, health outcomes and market access teams will be critical to ensure optimal evidence generation strategies are in place.
- Contribute to the development of critical vaccines development activities which include: the Integrated Evidence Plan (with a focus on the needs of payers, providers and patients), the Vaccines Profile, and the Value Proposition.
- Lead the development of the global Value Evidence Plan comprising the set of claims / messages to be supported by value evidence studies; definition of markets requiring payer scientific advice; program of studies to support key value claims, reflecting the needs of key LOCs and delivering on the vaccine profile ultimately informing vaccine recommendation and reimbursement.
- In collaboration with cross functional stakeholders (Clinical, Real World Data analytics, Real World Evidence and Epidemiology, Patient centric outcomes, Medical affairs and Commercial, Governmental Affairs and regional / LOC VE teams), lead studies and implement and deliver specific research plans/protocols including the development of health economic models, burden of illness studies, observational research, patient-reported outcomes instruments, payer or patient insight studies to inform VE research.
- Inform clinical trial design to capture the economic and humanistic measurements required to deliver a vaccine with differentiated value.
- Conduct and lead scientific engagements with external experts, HTA bodies, payers and patients to inform the Value Evidence Plan and Research activities.
- Conduct and lead Value Evidence Scientific Advice (VESA) activities as formal scientific advice from a HTA / payer authority regarding the design of the asset's development programme to deliver the right evidence to inform decision making related to reimbursement and access.
- Conduct competitor HTA appraisals (across asset & broader disease area) to define payer evidentiary needs in CDP & value evidence plan (i.e., pt. population, comparators, end points etc.)
- To effectively lead and deliver outsourced projects with external contract research organisations/suppliers
- Bring expertise to strategic discussions regarding the evidence requirements to support recommendation and reimbursement submissions globally.
- Support regulatory interactions with a focus on the patient reported outcome data, labelling and potential for inclusion in indication
- Lead or collaborate with other functions, such as Market Access, Medical Affairs or Commercial, on the direct or indirect collection of insights from patients, physicians, providers, and payers.
- Support projects as required through key internal development milestones and communicate the evidence generation plans effectively to secure resources, funding, and organizational alignment.
- Masters level or equivalent experience in health outcomes or relevant areas of specialisation
- Specific training / meaningful experience in at least 2 areas (health policy, reimbursement / access, health economics, modelling, patient reported outcomes, psychometrics, clinical trial design, observational research, epidemiology, statistics).
- Educational background with technical expertise consistent with scientific project planning, implementation, and delivery of evidence.
- Drug development experience including early planning, clinical programmes, and/or launch or post marketing experience.
- Knowledge of global reimbursement processes / evidence requirements to inform access decisions. Experience of reimbursement / HTA submissions is a plus.
- Proficient in managing multiple projects, budgets, and matrix interactions (internal / external consistent with each research project).
- Effective communicator (oral/written) who can translate specific research projects and outcomes at project team level and demonstrate application to integrated evidence plan.
- Fluent English
- PhD in a relevant discipline.
- Authored publication.
- Programming skills (e.g., R, Visual Basic for Applications) and agility to further learn as relevant
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork in a culture of Innovation, Performance and Trust.
Patient-focused Research and Development (R&D) is the heart of our business. GSK has a strong history and expertise in vaccines, and we are staying at the forefront of innovation in this field.
For many years, vaccines have been used mainly to prevent diseases caused by infections, mostly in infants and children. Today, we are focused on developing vaccines for all stages of life, and we believe vaccines can also be used successfully to treat diseases and therefore be therapeutic.
These innovation trends have a strong impact on what we do in Research and Development. We take the best science, with the most impactful technologies and combine it with our GSK culture. Next to our existing portfolio of prophylactic vaccines and moving into the field of therapeutic vaccines, our R&D programme focuses on vaccines for diseases such as RSV and Meningitis. Another part of R&D targets diseases particularly prevalent in the developing world, including the World Health Organisation's priority diseases - tuberculosis and malaria.
As part of the R&D organisation, the Vaccines Value Evidence Department contributes to the identification, strategic planning and development of the value evidence requirements of vaccine programs and assets from early development throughout the life cycle. The Departments' objectives are to ensure and support the positioning of the product and value propositions, targeted with generating relevant evidences to inform key stakeholders including marketing authorization authorities, recommending and reimbursing bodies. Members have the technical expertise and a deep understanding of patient, payer, policymaker and provider needs to translate into evidence generation plans for the relevant vaccine candidates and commercialized assets.
If you have a disability and require assistance during the course of the selection process, you will have the opportunity to let us know what specific assistance you require in order to make suitable arrangements.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.