SLIMS Core SME, Home working
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Contract - interim/fixed term
We are currently recruiting for a SLIMS Quality Core SME. This role will be reporting into the Quality Systems Lead and is an 18 month contract until mid 2022.
This is role will be working remotely and can be based anywhere in the world.
The purpose of this role is to act as Quality SLIMS Core SME for the Consumer Healthcare (CH) organization. This role will report to the Lab Systems Lead, the business owner for the SLIMS system. The role will be part of the Lab Systems team. They will partner with the Tech product manager in ensuring the SLIMS solution is deployed with relevant business standards and ways of working to support the expected business value through the solution. Furthermore, they will ensure the Lab systems operating model is compliant to the QMS and regulatory requirements. The role will be responsible for delivering a compliant, user friendly SLIMS solution to GSK CH sites in 2021 and beyond.
Key Responsibilities for the SLIMS Quality Core SME:
- Quality core SME for SLIMS.
- Develop and maintain the global system processes for the SLIMS quality operations.
- Support Tech and work with the sites to deploy the SLIMS solution to the agreed CH sites up to mid 2022.
- In conjunction with the Lab Systems Lead, they will be responsible for defining the business needs for our lab systems in the analytical space with relevant technology.
- Build system capability and deliver core training to the SLIMS super users on sites.
- Actively contribute to developing the plan and evolving it.
- Deploy SLIMS to the pre-agreed delivery plan and execute to ensure delivery of benefits to sites and end users.
- Provide expert advice and support to CH sites on the defined business processes supporting the CH Quality/Tech Strategy, to achieve consistent application of business processes and systems and to share best practice.
- Ensure that the process and automated solutions satisfy compliance requirements and any regulatory constraints.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor of Science Degree (Biology, Chemistry, Pharmacy) or experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing and quality operations.
- An understanding of key lab systems and the day to day operations of a QC lab.
- Strong understanding of Quality systems in particular LIMS.
- Knowledge of GMP requirements and ability to explain these and bring them to life during the deployment of the SLIMS system.
- Experience in change management and proven skills in managing change in a difficult environment.
- Knowledge of validation standards required to ensure quality standards are met.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Previous experience in the deployment of a LIMS solution.
- Coaching and mentoring skills would be preferable.
- Experience in global projects would be a preference as well as partnering with Tech and external vendors.
- Experience in Quality operations (OQ or QC), would be advantageous in understanding challenges faced by site Quality teams and how to support them in adopting new systems as well as addressing any issues they would face post deployment.
The closing date for applications for this role is Friday 27th November 2020.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
*This is a job description to aide in the job posting, but does not include all job evaluation details.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements.