Future Opportunities, Senior Consultant, Technology and Digital Risk, Open to flexible working
Organisations rely on controls to mitigate risk and ensure regulatory compliance. We see clients facing recurring findings raised by internal/external audit on operation of key controls or adherence to regulations and others with inefficient internal control operations with a high degree of manual work. However, with increases in the scale and importance of the global regulation landscape, complexity of their business models and significance of IT, the profile that effective risk management has within organisations is increasing.
Deloitte’s GRC offers unrivalled depth of experience in providing governance, risk, control and assurance solutions to client needs. We design, implement and provide assurance over business process and technology controls to help our clients manage the risks they face on a day-to-day basis, and help them prepare for the future. We do this by addressing the ‘cause and effect’ of control weaknesses and by embracing emerging technologies like artificial intelligence and robotics. While we advise on and implement multiple technologies, this role is focused on the SAP domain.
Our GRC team sits within our Technology and Digital Risk operating unit, which is part of Deloitte Risk Advisory, one of the fasting growing practices in Deloitte. In combination with our global leading SAP practice, we can offer unrivalled career growth & learning opportunities. Successful candidates will get the opportunity to help us develop our market offering and the potential to work closely with a huge range of clients. We deliver projects directly to Risk Advisory clients and the controls workstream on S/4 implementations alongside Deloitte Consulting.
We are looking for high performing professionals, from industry or professional services, with experience or significant interest in SAP with a specific focus and interest in managing risk and controls.
This will involve:
- Helping clients define good practice control processes and develop long term strategic plans for ensuring continuous compliance
- Understanding business requirements and translating them in to efficient and integrated SAP control frameworks , e.g. Design a Risk and Control Framework for SAP
- Identifying operational, compliance or regulatory requirements and designing the relevant automated solutions to help manage/mitigate these risks
- Helping clients resolve control failures through mitigating/compensating controls or process redesign and implementing SAP GRC technology solutions
- To have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
- Delivering a wide range of client engagements which could include Process Control design, optimisation and automation, continuous control monitoring (CCM) GRC design, implementation and remediation
- To build and maintain client relationships in the SAP Insights area
- Gaining experience of various SAP technologies and understanding/managing risks associated with these
Developing our SAP Risk Advisory portfolio, by supporting business development, practice management and thought leadership activities Your work, your choice At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London with occasional domestic and international travel.
Work Pattern: This is a permanent role with a degree of flexibility. We do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients.
Your professional experience
To qualify for the role of Senior Consultant you must have several of the following areas – it is not expected that a candidate will have all of these skills:
- Thorough understanding of configurable automated controls for SAP across a number of core processes / modules e.g. Finance, Supply Chain, Purchasing, Order to Cash etc. - knowledge of S/4 Hana processes / changes an advantage
- Awareness of the different elements that make-up a GRC solution e.g. People, Process and Technology
- Ability to discuss different GRC processes (risk management, control testing and monitoring, policy management etc.) across different domains. e.g. Financial controls and IT controls and security are the most common use-cases, however the ability to discuss extending these solutions to other risk domains e.g. IT and Cyber, supplier risk, anti-bribery....etc. is desirable
- Understanding of the configuration of SAP GRC Process Controls and ability to manage offshore teams for build and test
- Familiarity with the processes and controls for other SAP applications like Ariba, SuccessFactors, Concur, BW etc. is an advantage
- Familiarity with other SAP GRC partner applications is an advantage
Your service line: Risk Advisory
In Risk Advisory, our thinking and actions give clients, our people and society the confidence to succeed responsibly in a rapidly changing world. We don’t just work with our clients to manage risk, we help them understand and grab the opportunities it presents too, helping them gain a competitive advantage. Our expertise and industry knowledge run deep here. At Deloitte, you’ll find yourself working with some of the most inspiring and experienced colleagues and with clients who trust you to lead the way to smart choices, better control frameworks, and new systems, including bespoke solutions that have a direct impact on their bottom line.
Personal independence Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK:
Deloitte North and South Europe The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved
Requisition code: 179323