Audit Assistant Manager - Commercial - open to flexible working
As a member of our London Audit team you'll be responsible for a sizeable portfolio of key clients across a range of sectors including : technology, media and telecoms, professional services, real estate, not-for- profit (museums, education, arts/music institutions) and the consumer sector (retail, food & beverage). The size of clients varies greatly from owner managed businesses and LLP's through to some well-known listed high street brands, but no matter their size, you'll get to the heart of how they work and the challenges they face.
Here are some things you can expect from this commercial audit role.
- Making quality second nature. The work that you will do has a major impact on our clients and our firm. We pride ourselves on the high-level standards and quality we expect from our people.
- Own your own work. You will lead onsite audit teams, prepare and review financial statements and will keep management updated on progress.
- Be a part of a team. You will be a part of a dynamic commercial audit team in London, working with junior member of the team to ensure that they understand their responsibilities and are receiving excellent on-the-job training.
- Take responsibility. We will empower you to act as a trusted business adviser to our clients. You will oversee all aspects of audit fieldwork and completion.
- Build your brand. Working closely with your people manager, you will find areas where you can develop, collaborate and communicate more effectively with colleagues and clients at all levels. You will get the opportunity to build your brand as a trusted adviser to clients and within our firm.
The minimum criteria
- Professional qualification (ACA, CA, ACCA or equivalent) with the ability to lead external audits
- Experience of leading audits of varying sizes across a range of industries
Skills to set you apart
Here are a few more skills we are looking for. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box. It’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- Excellent knowledge of UK GAAP / FRS102
- Extensive experience of using audit software and Microsoft packages
- A genuine interest in our clients with an ability to confidently discuss business challenges and needs
- An interest in maintaining and developing your technical knowledge in order to facilitate and lead valuable discussions with our client
Share ideas and profits
Unlike most firms, we’re also a shared enterprise. So when the firm does well, everyone does well by taking home a share of the profits. Of course, to get those profits, we need to share ideas and share responsibility for our work, too.
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
“We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone – regardless of background or gender.” Dave Dunckley, CEO
There’s more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes…the things you do and the people you’re with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you’d like to work flexibly, let us know. We’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
Please click apply for further details on the role and to make an application