Senior Consultant - Change - People Advisory Services, Open to flexible working
People Advisory Services (PAS) harnesses the collective power of all or our people – related services into a single integrated global sub-service line of over 10,000 people delivering over $1.4bn in revenue. We provide our clients with a set of integrated services and offerings solving their most pertinent people-related business challenges.
PAS has been targeted as an area of significant growth as clients increasingly require advice in building their people capabilities at a time when global demand for talent is at its highest. As well as attracting and retaining talent, clients are also looking at how they raise overall organisational performance through their entire workforce.
This means building their capabilities, processes and systems in workforce optimisation, inclusion, organisational development and culture.
Our HR and Change sector offering is one of our key growth areas within PAS, focusing on assisting clients to build HR functions that are business-focused, cost-effective, and agile in meeting the needs of all their stakeholders.
EY’s PAS team is a diverse group of expert practitioners who deliver targeted communications solutions to engage employees and stakeholders through times of transformational change. They are a client facing team who have cross-sector experience reaching different employee groups across complex, global environments. Every programme faces an ‘election campaign’ it must win, and communications and engagement activities make this possible, helping the business engage employees with a powerful narrative and assist them in being ready to accept change.
The majority of our clients are London-based; some occasional travel may be required.
Your key responsibilities
- Support change management workstreams through the entire cycle of complex HR, Change or Transformation programmes, using waterfall, agile and other contemporary methodologies
- Define and implement the people and organisational implications of major transformation programmes:
- Align: Design and facilitate leadership collaborative events to define a shared purpose, develop transformations solution, implementation roadmap and target behaviours
- Engage: Define the impacts of change and execute a robust, innovative communications & engagement campaign, including colleague journeys
- Enable: Mobilise change delivery capability and undertake workforce capability assessments and relevant sourcing solutions
- Sustain: Implement transition planning, including tracking and monitoring programme specific dashboards and key KPIs
- Identify and build new opportunities by establishing and leveraging client relationships
- Contribute to preparation of proposals and new business development activities for potential clients
- Coach and provide learning opportunities for junior team members
Skills and attributes for success
- Authenticity and strong personal impact, able to influence and persuade clients and stakeholders to gain support for major changes and key decisions
- Thought leader with growth mindset and a desire to challenge established practices
- Skilled in leading teams and encouraging collaboration amongst team members, passionate about motivating and empowering teams to maximise performance
- Confident and effective in recognising and managing potential issues during client assignments
- Resilient and able to work under pressure to deliver a pragmatic solution
- Creative thinking, using agile methods and innovative approaches to tackle complex problems and to deliver insightful, practical and sustainable solutions
- Reinforces our values through day to day behaviour and questions disrespectful behaviour
- Passionate about our purpose – building a better working world
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Strong core consulting skills and broad range of experience across HR or Change Management, gained through experience working in a professional services firm or global consultancy
- Proven experience in communications from industry and/or agency delivering communications strategy, channels, senior stakeholder engagement in a complex, multi-stakeholder environment
- Management consultant/HR professional with relevant experience advising clients on large-scale Change and/or HR Transformation programmes within large, complex organisations
- Demonstrable ability to proactively build relationships and manage client stakeholders, including, providing robust advice, constructive challenge, influencing decisions, delivering difficult messages and managing performance issues
- Experience of working in the Financial Services Sector
Ideally, you’ll also have
Relevant degree-level education and a strong interest or specialism in at least one of these areas:
- Core Change Management expertise: including cost reduction and operational efficiencies
- Digital HR Transformation / HR Transactions: Experience across the lifecycle of HR Transformation projects, from concept through execution and ongoing operations, with the latest HR technologies. And/or experience of supporting the people elements of transactions.
- Digital Banking: Experience in supporting Banking clients to transform their employee and customer offerings, including defining and developing clients’ Digital Banking Change journeys, and delivery of change activities
- Insurance sector transformation: Experience delivering Change or Digital Transformation to Insurance clients, utilising a deep understanding of sector-specific context and challenges to support clients deliver change
What we look for
- First and foremost, we’re looking for individuals with strong core consulting skills who can demonstrate real impact in delivering Change or HR Transformation to clients in Financial Services
- We’re also looking for team members who want to contribute to a great team environment and continue to learn and grow with us
- As our business is evolving, we need people who can develop our service offerings, understand client needs, grow our internal capability and connect with our global PAS business to maximise our global knowledge and experience
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
EY is a leading provider of business advice and services to clients in the Financial Services industry, working with some of the biggest names in the sector to address challenges posed by customer trends, market conditions, competition and regulators, and delivering real, sustainable change.
Our People Advisory Services (PAS) team is one of EY’s fastest growing teams. We work with clients as trusted advisors, to help them deliver on large scale transformations across banking and insurance.
With our continued success we’re diversifying and building our Digital HR and Change and Transformation offerings. This is a great opportunity to contribute to a wide range of engagements and direction of our rapidly expanding team.
Our focus areas include:
- Future Workforce planning and Organisational Design
- Change Management including: cost reduction and operational efficiencies, regulatory change, behavioural and cultural change
- Digital Transformation – Banking and Insurance
- Digital HR and HR Transactions
- Post-merger or transaction integration support
As we strive to build the better working world, our culture promotes providing you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you are excited about what you’ve read about us and our ambition, get in contact today, we would love to hear from you.
Join us in building a better working world.