Senior Consultant – Private Sector, Service Delivery Optimisation, Systems Engineering, Consulting
Do you see yourself as a future leader? Are you the type of person that enjoys the pressure of leading a team? Are you the type of person that wants to be part of a team that will truly transform how private sector organisations operate? If so, then this may be the job for you.
Technology is embedded in everything we do. It crosses all industries and the future workplace will be very different to what it was just five years ago. You will be joining a team of over 1,700 practitioners across the UK whose job it is to intimately understand our clients business and deliver technology solutions tailored to their needs. Our breadth and depth of business and technical understanding enables us to be our clients’ trusted advisors and implementation partners.
As a member of the Delivery team you will work alongside other specialists to provide our clients with the support and expertise they need to successfully deliver their most complex technology and transformation programmes.
You will be exposed to an incredibly diverse landscape of projects and clients, from agile to traditional waterfall project delivery. You do not need deep technical expertise. Instead, you need an understanding and passion for how technology can benefit our clients within the Private Sector, this could be in Consumer, Telecoms, Media & Entertainment, Life Sciences or Energy and Resources. As part of the team, you should be able to listen to the business needs and translate them into effective solutions. Specifically, you will be helping our clients to:
- Imagine and design digital, technology, and cloud transformation programmes, working with specialists from both the client and delivery teams to define the solutions which will meet the client’s needs as well as the delivery means needed to get them there.
- Deliver and implement digital, technology, and cloud transformation projects and programmes, providing the delivery expertise required to support the technology changes and make sure the business is ready to accept and run them
- Independently assure or support in the recovery of troubled projects and programmes.
Demand continues to increase rapidly for our services and you will be at the centre of helping organisations transform their business through their projects and programmes. This opportunity will provide you with the platform to challenge yourself, grow and develop into a rewarding career.
Our Delivery team sits within the Business Operations service line. It will enable you to work with the latest technologies, as part of a team helping international organisations transform their core business capabilities. Whether you’re working with on-premise systems, Cloud technology, or custom-developed solutions (to name just a few), your expertise will help clients deliver continuous improvement and innovation, from initial design right through to implementation and optimization.
As a Senior Consultant within the Delivery team, you will be:
- Working directly with Clients on exciting and innovative technology transformation programmes.
- Supporting and leading work to help clients understand the opportunities that technology presents to transform their businesses.
- Identifying and contributing to the development of proposals and propositions.
- Leading the delivery of packages of work either discretely or within a larger programme of work and managing small or medium sized teams.
- Lead on defining and delivering project or wider programme delivery reporting.
- Support the delivery methodology (whether agile or waterfall) of the programme by implementing the appropriate governance structures and controls, including defining reporting requirements.
- Build and maintain client relationships to support the sales process.
- Mentor and support less experienced members of the team.
We are looking for people who understand technology but equally understand the Private Sector industry, ranging from Consumer, Telecoms, Media & Entertainment, Life Sciences or Energy and Resources. The successful candidate will typically need to hold 4 years plus experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Project or programme design or set up.
- Agile delivery or project management using Scrum, Lean, Kanban or similar.
- Operating within a Programme Management Office (PMO) on an IT delivery or transformation project or programme.
In addition, the successful candidate will also have strong communication, reporting and stakeholder management skills and be able to demonstrate proactive management of your career and professional development to-date. The successful candidate must be able to work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
All candidates must have the right to live and work in the UK. A degree or equivalent work experience is required.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: We are recruiting for a permanent full time role within our Deloitte London offices. Whilst a number of our clients are based in London, we do spend time on site with regional and international clients. We specify full mobility for our consulting roles but endeavor to be as accommodating as possible to your own personal needs.
Work pattern: This is a permanent opportunity. Although, our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we will try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
- Experience delivering medium and large delivery projects and programmes.
- Proficient stakeholder management and communication skills with an ability to engage and influence senior stakeholders and a broad range of individuals and teams across various disciplines.
- Experience of both Waterfall and Agile software development methodologies.
- Understanding of the procurement lifecycle, requirements gathering, evaluation techniques, negotiation skills;
- Experience in managing project risks, issues and project change control processes.
- Able to bridge the gap between business and IT in delivering cost effective and pragmatic solutions.
- Attention to detail and organisation skills with the ability to work independently and lead a team to deliver packages of work to short deadlines.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to clarify ambiguous requirements and make sound judgement in situations with incomplete information.
- Recognised delivery certification(s) such as PMP, Prince2 Practitioner, MSP, Certified Agile, Certified Scrum Master, SAFe Agile or ITIL.
- Internal or external consultancy experience, or experience in the Financial Services industry.
Your service line: Consulting
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients’ trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 179504