BI Analyst & Tableau Developer, Internal Services, Open to returners & flexible working
Deloitte is transforming the way it does analytics and reporting. Help us develop our internal analytics capability, by working on projects using market-leading enterprise technologies and cutting-edge solutions. We are looking for experienced BI developers who want to work with a diverse product set and develop their career as part of an internal BI / Analytics team working with numerous data sources including SAP S/4HANA.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
- Working as part of a multi-discipline team to deliver a transformational BI programme to redefine local and regional reporting in support of global rollouts of both S/4HANA and Salesforce
- Gathering requirements from business stakeholders and facilitating reporting workshops
- Translating requirements into deliverables (dashboards, reports, underlying metrics / calculations and specifying the data granularity) and high-level effort estimates
- Produce high quality documentation for functional specifications and/or support documents for Service teams
- Communicating with the technical resources on the project in order to assist with converting the requirements into a working technical solution
- Taking part in daily SCRUM round-tables to give updates on and/or resolve issues with wider team
- Acting as an SME on data flows, data structures, KPIs and reports and assisting to create test scenarios and facilitating test plans
- Assist in Business Change Management and Service Transition / Readiness
- Undertaking impact analysis, assessing change readiness and identifying key stakeholders.
- Work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: Milton Keynes / Cardiff
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time basis.
Your professional experience
- Solid experience of BI or Analytics projects as a business analyst and solution developer
- Strong understanding and application of best-practice principles for data visualization and report design
- Experienced Tableau developer, ideally having completed certifications
- Capable of gathering and understanding significance of functional requirements with end users and non-functional requirements with technical teams
- Capable of creating high-quality functional spec documentation and data flows in Visio or similar
- Understands the basic principles of data warehousing and multi-dimensional data modelling, including end-to-end data flow mapping
- Capable of working with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Excellent consultancy / client-facing skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills Desirable
- Experience of working with an Agile Project Management tool, such as JIRA or VSTS
- Technical knowledge or experience of developing using Data warehousing technologies (e.g. SQL server, Oracle, SAP HANA etc.) and good understanding of key Data Warehouse principles
- Functional knowledge of SAP Finance and HCM as a data source
- Qualification or evidence understanding of financial accounting
- Functional knowledge of Salesforce as a data source
- Experience of working with clients, colleagues and 3rd party suppliers based remotely or offshore
Your service line: Internal Services
At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. Covering seven distinct areas; Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Practice Support Services, Quality & Risk Services, IT Services, and Workplace Services & Real Estate, together we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process. About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do? Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value? What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most. Being a Leader at Deloitte Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation. We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for: We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.