Office Manager - experienced in financial or professional services industry
A highly motivated and entrepreneurial Office Manager with a high level of initiative required to support the build of the operational and financial infrastructure for a start-up investment firm.
In the first six months they will be:
- Onboarding and managing 3rd party providers in payroll, technology, finance/accounts payables, banking, travel etc
- Helping manage the hiring and onboarding process for new joiners
- HR administration & payroll management
- Managing bank accounts and accounts payable (with help and oversight from a finance professional if needed)
- Overseeing the relationship with the travel agent and overall expense fillings (but not booking travel or filling expenses)
- Oversight and management of all 3rd party providers (tech services, office space etc) and subscriptions (research, software etc)
- Help with early client servicing
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role as an office manager in a professional services firm, ideally with some experience working in an international business.
- Some experience managing payroll and other HR admin desirable.
- Understanding of basic finance/accounting concepts.
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and strong technology skills.
Successful Candidate Qualities:
- Confident working independently as part of a wider team.
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrating the ability to effectively interact with peers and senior management. Demonstrates confidence and professional conduct.
- Exceptional organisational skills and ability to use initiative. Can multi-task effectively; has strong time management skills. Can work effectively to deadlines and prioritise their own workload.
- Demonstrate a willingness to own/solve problems as they arise, but also possess the ability to identify issues before they become apparent.
- Demonstrates a good use of initiative, combined with a practical clear-headed approach in relation to problem solving.
- Can handle confidential company and personal information with the utmost discretion.