Senior Manager (Patient Centered Outcomes), Open to flexible working
4 days left
- Contract Type
Are you looking for a health outcomes role that allows you to leverage your modelling expertise to accelerate transparency and shape reimbursement strategy? If so, this Health Outcomes Director role could be an exciting opportunity to explore.
As a Health Outcomes Director, you will be responsible for applying specialized technical expertise in economic modelling to support a medicine and/or disease area regarding the development of reimbursement strategy, core economic models (cost-effectiveness and budget-impact) and robust methods for generating appropriate model data inputs.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- Supervise the technical aspects of developing core economic models for medicines preparing for launch/Health Technology Assessment (HTA) reimbursement applications, in cooperation with the business leadership and vendors.
- Develop early economic models for pipeline products to be shared with product development teams to inform clinical development plans including Phase III trial design and real-world studies.
- Quality-assure economic modelling deliverables of external vendors, ensuring transparency and adherence to best-practice by recognized industry standards.
- Serve as a member of the Economic Modelling Protocol Review Committee to peer review modelling protocols submitted by global teams as well as Local Operating Countries (LOCs) seeking to undertake their own analyses.
- Serve as an in-house resource for product teams for economic modelling and HTA issues.
- Develop standardized tools and templates to streamline the economic modelling development process and ensure minimum quality standards are met consistently.
- Prepare relevant sections of documentation and communication for scientific advice meetings; participate and represent organization at such meetings in collaboration with business leadership.
- Prepare abstracts and manuscripts as part of a defined Data Dissemination Plan for assets and to showcase any research developed over the course of supporting an asset or as independent methods research.
- Participate in external engagement to stay abreast of best practices in economic modelling and create network of experts with whom to share innovations in methods.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Master's degree
- Experience leading development of economic models within academia or pharmaceutical industry
- Experience leading the economic section of a Health Technology Assessment (HTA) submission
- First authorship of publications detailing cost-effectiveness modelling research
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Advanced degree in health economics
- Experience drafting technical reports for complex economic models
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with multiple completing priorities
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements.