Digital Finance Manager, Open to flexible working
4 days left
- Contract Type
Are you a Finance professional with a proven track record working in a consumer digital start-up environment or venture capital space? If so, read on...
Here at GSK, we are looking for an exceptional Digital Finance Manager to join our dynamic team.
As the Digital Finance Manager, you will be partnering with the digital business leads, providing finance leadership and controllership responsibilities:
- Driving the reporting and forecasting requirements.
- Driving the strategic business plan, supporting strategy and decision making with critical finance/business insights.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career and help shape the success of our business. These responsibilities involve the following:
- Provide leadership and strategic Finance advice to the Digital Leadership team by proactively identifying opportunities and raising challenges to meet business objectives and mitigate risks.
- Provide management insight and guidance using standard management reports and knowledge of the business
- Drive discussion, debate and challenge at Leadership Teams through visual and clear presentations and data sets
- Provide resource allocation and investment decision support, particularly around projects and reorganisations.
Financial management and governance:
- Lead the digital team's forecasting/budgeting process; Budget, Update 1, 2 and 3.
- Lead all financial management activities for business unit in support of developing and delivering business strategies and maintaining strong financial governance.
- Accountable for financial risk identification and management for strong financial governance
- Approve management accounts (actuals, forecasts, budgets). Sign-off journals.
- Support implementation of procurement, working capital, treasury and tax strategies in consultation with Corporate and Centres of Excellence
- Key point of contact for business colleagues with all financial issues
- Deliver overall contribution to the financial and business performance
- Review the resource planning and project resource allocation
- Approve monthly reports, budgets, plans and forecasts and provide commentary on key variances/business drivers and any actions required
Influence and build relationships:
- Build strong relationships with senior leaders
- Build strong relationships with central support services
- External business partnerships (e.g. co-promotion, in-license, joint venture, third-party supplier, outsourcing partner, etc.)
- Continually develop Finance individuals in their role as Finance Partners, manage talent for succession planning
Process Improvement and simplification:
- Identify and deliver simplification projects and implementation of best practices
- Ability to drive lasting change through an organization
- Bachelors degree plus either professional finance qualification (CPA, or equivalent) or MBA (with heavy finance components) or equivalent experience
- In conjunction with educational level, experience including a detailed knowledge of accounting principles and monthly close process.
- Technical finance knowledge
- Delivering on value opportunities while balancing risk and opportunities (Stewardship & Governance)
- Operating in a way to catalyze change
- Developing highly effective working relationships and managing key stakeholders to achieve the partnership status with your business
- Effective verbal & written communication
- Effective options analysis and decision making
- Pro-active questioning and challenging
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining good working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective financial management for an organization using technical expertise and analytical skills
- Understanding of systems and processes as they affect the financial results (SAP, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks using project management skills
Are you a driven Finance Manager that is not afraid of challenges and working in the digital space? If so, this role could be for you! Here at GSK, we are seeking someone that is passionate and able to 'roll up their sleeves' when needed and in return we will offer fantastic career progression and the opportunity to engage with Senior Stakeholders within the business, allowing you to shape and contribute to the success of the business
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements.