Bookkeeper and Credit Control, part time - 2 days per week
Job title: Bookkeeper and credit control
Reports to: UK Director
Based at: 1 Lyric Square, Hammersmith, W6 ONB
Salary: £32 - £35K full time.
Contract: 3 months with potential to extend. Must be available to start week of December 1st.
Hours: 2 days a week
We are re-wrap.
Established in 2002, re-wrap is a dynamic social enterprise with a foot in the UK and one in India. Our purpose is to create organic, hand crafted textile products that will have the most positive impact on people and the environment.
As Bookkeeper/credit controller reporting to the Management Accountant, you will provide a high quality and timely accounting / bookkeeping function through maintenance of the financial control environment and continual review of expenditure and manage debtors to facilitate timely payment.
- Maintaining nominal accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Compiling the month end work in collaboration with external accountants
- Credit control and weekly bad debtor management
- Working cross culturally
- Maintenance and management of the following;
- Purchase invoices: review and approve
- Sales invoices: review and check Account manager accurately invoiced
- Bank Reconciliations:
- Paypal Management
- Commercial card + Expenses Management
- Cash Receipts
- Stock Status
- Month End Summaries: Liaising with accountants to provide a range of reports including monthly stock summary, and sales summary.
- Debtor Reports: Contacting debtors to pursue payment and production of weekly debtor report.
- Cashflow: Monitoring cashflow and managing payments according to supplier terms
- Payroll assistance: Liaising with accountants regarding payroll
- Key Supplier Account Management: Liaising with India regarding sampling charges and invoicing queries.
- Invoicing Management: Alerting team of any issues and discrepancies in the purchase/sale cost base or general accounts
- Sales Analysis: Adhoc sales & margin analysis
- EC Sales: Confirm EC sales submissions with Management Accountants and ensure C79’s are forwarded on.
- Track record as a Bookkeeper or experienced finance / accounts professional
- Prior experience of liaising with external accountancy companies
- Experience of credit control and management and preparation of weekly bad debt reports
- Confident with Excel.
- Previous experience with ERP system would be a benefit.
- Trustworthy & discreet
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Willingness to also be hands on to meet expectations.
- Experience of effective relationships across cultural borders, or awareness of the approach needed.
- Experience of influencing senior people.
- Able to work on own initiative and manage multiple prioritises under pressure.
- High attention to detail.
- A finance qualification or comparable experience.
If this is of interest please apply with your CV and covering letter. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please apply promptly if this is of interest.
Closing date: Wednesday 25th November at 5pm
Interviews: Thursday 26th and Friday 27th November
More about us
We are mission led.
As a social enterprise we are passionate about business as a force for good. We live our values:
- Recycle. We believe that the best way to reduce our collective impact on the planet is to recycle and reuse our products, so we produce high quality, durable and desirable textile products that are designed to be used time and time again.
- Reclaim. We want to reclaim traditional hand skills like sewing, printing and embroidery and the way textile products are manufactured, thought about and used.
- Reinvent. We are reinventing the lives of artisans in India with hope and purpose – empowering women along the way.
The UK team is small but punches above its weight. The team manages an international and prestigious list of clients. The team are responsible for managing existing clients and bringing in new businesses across our range of products. The team are kept busy working with key clients such as LUSH and Daunt Books for whom we produce a range of products including Tote bags, sheeting bags, kids bags and wraps. In addition to these products we produce items such as pouches, large weekend bags, wine bags, aprons and tea towels. The UK team comprises of the UK Director, the Head of Business Development, two Account Managers and a Team Co-ordinator.
The UK team work closely with our team in India to manage the production of the orders. There is a production and sampling office in Bangalore, South India. They work closely with our women’s co-operatives who are also based in South India.
In 2019 re-wrap is delighted to be offering clients a 100% GOTS certified supply chain. This organic certification builds our WFTO (World Fair Trade Organisation) certification that we are working towards. Re-wrap has worked closely with a group of tribal cotton farmers, who are the most powerless in the supply chain, to support their organic conversion and help them planning future crops by pre-ordering cotton.