Finance Service Desk Assistant, Customer Services, Open to returners & flexible working
So, you are interested in working in a busy Finance team and are looking for a way in. You have a thirst for knowledge and are looking for a supportive environment where you can learn. Thinking on your feet comes naturally and you enjoy delivering a great customer experience. If this rings true, then this role could be for you.
Working at the forefront of the finance team requires mental agility. Our Finance Service Desk receives high volumes of enquiries from clients, suppliers and employees about a whole range of issues important to them. It’s a complex role that primarily deals with accounts payable and accounts receivable queries, so you’ll need to build strong working relationships to be successful. The ability to provide accurate guidance in a professional and timely manner is essential.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us. If you would like to hear more about our flexible working arrangements, please let us know.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
- CoRe, Deloitte’s global business services organisation, supports the Global Strategy by delivering consistent quality and measurable value across the global network. Covering eight distinct areas;
- Contact Centre, Creative Services, Data Protection Assessment Services Data Management Services, Knowledge Services, Procurement, Real Estate and Research Services.
CoRe is uniquely positioned to develop new and innovative approaches beyond current member firm capabilities by:
- Leveraging global scale to drive bottom-line savings
- Increasing speed to market to drive top-line growth
- Adopting best-in-class processes and tools
- Propelling innovation
- Uniting top talent
- You will need good experience of working in a customer focused environment
- Ability to deal with volume calls and enquiries
- Team player with a calm and courteous manner
- Confident communicator
- Professional at all times
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: Milton Keynes
Work pattern: Full Time, fixed term 7am – 6pm shifts Monday - Friday
Your professional experience
- Able to work well under pressure and manage customer expectations
- Professional and confident communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient with Microsoft office
- Able to work effectively, both independently and as a member of a team
- Experience of working in a customer services environment
- Fluent in both English and Italian
- A background in finance is desirable but not essential
- Experience in working in an accounts payable role would be advantageous
Your service line: Deloitte Global Across disciplines and across borders
Deloitte Global supports our network of member firms by developing and driving global strategy, programs, and platforms, and creating new solutions and transformational experiences. Deloitte Global professionals makes an impact that matters to the world of Deloitte. We share a passion for igniting change and a strong service orientation that shapes our organization and those it supports.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte?
It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation. We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.