Resource Management – Senior Manager, ‘Junior Talent’ Lead, Consulting, Open to flexible working
Resource Management Business Partner within our Consulting Resource Management Team
Resource Management (RM) is a crucial function within Consulting at Deloitte. Sitting at the core of our business the RM team matches our talented people with the most appropriate client projects. Your role will be to own and drive the transformation of our junior deployment process, working in close collaboration with stakeholders across the business to deliver the best experience for our junior practitioners as they find their feet, experience their first client projects, acquire new skills and start to grow their own personal networks.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
As the Business Partner for Junior Deployment in Consulting you will be a core member of our existing 25+ strong team of experienced Resource Managers. While this role is new, our team is well established and well respected within the business. This is an opportunity to build on the impact we already have by bringing increased focus and rigour to our junior deployment process. You will be responsible for the effective deployment our junior talent pool. You’ll need to implement a consistent and transparent approach that drives operational efficiencies, providing greater insights and clearly articulate the business benefits of that new way of working. You will have regular contact and guidance from the RM leadership team to help you set direction while being encouraged to bring individuality, ingenuity and autonomy to the role.
The ultimate aim of the RM Team is to maximise utilisation and drive profitability by efficiently managing practitioner time. We are a relationship and knowledge focussed team, valued for the time we take to understand the range of client project opportunities and understand our people, their unique skills, development needs, and ambitions.
Our client facing teams serve as trusted advisors to our high profile portfolio of clients, partnering with them to deliver significant transformation projects and help them realise their strategic goals. Our people are dynamic, demanding, entrepreneurial and great fun. We are looking for someone to join our diverse and inclusive team who will match their levels of energy, dedication, and professionalism; who can be flexible and creative in their approach; and be robust and challenge with integrity and emotional intelligence.
The Consulting business is large, complex and fast paced and the demands on the RM team can change hour by hour. To support this we work flexibly to ensure we closely align ourselves to the business and their requirements. You will be supported by the Senior RMBP team and Head of RM for Consulting.
Core RM responsibilities
- Accountable for making and maintaining relationships from across a range of stakeholders from Partner to graduate, understanding their individual skills, experience and areas of specialism; ensuring you are able to tailor your style to work effectively with all grades and build trust at all levels.
- Work closely with senior members of the business to understand their pipeline and detailed junior resource requirements.
- Work with the business and the other RMs to source engaging, challenging, and fulfilling roles for our most inexperienced practitioners. Be able to articulate clearly how these roles will benefit their careers and the value of their transferable skills when the role may not appear to be a 'perfect fit'.
- Drive transparency in this process by ensuring all sold and nearly sold roles are tracked in the RM system; STAFFIT through to confirmation stage.
- Develop a rapport with practitioners understanding their primary career aspirations, areas of particular strength and development needs. Work to balance these with the needs of the business whilst ensuring all open opportunities are resourced effectively.
- When deploying practitioners on assignments (which may be client work, internal projects and/or proposals), ensure all stakeholders in the process are up to speed with events and that practitioners have maximum visibility of available roles.
- Engage with key stakeholders to deliver creative resourcing solutions and manage any issues (e.g. double bookings, conflicts or staff shortages on assignments).
- Provide a level of flexibility and agility in the staffing model to respond to new / unplanned client requests as work is won; understand the commercial drivers and be willing to prioritise and re-prioritise to make sure all needs are met.
- Be aware of potential future projects for your people - including assignment extensions and bids for new client work; leveraging the Deloitte CRM system as needed.
- Use your knowledge of practitioner skills and prior experience to support sales activities & other go to market activities.
- Advise the business on effective use of the Deloitte RM system, STAFFIT. Whilst the system is self-service you will be called upon to demonstrate, trouble shoot, and guide users.
- Using the STAFFIT system prepare regular management reports on availability and forecast utilisation and availability.
- You will monitor the accuracy of the data in STAFFIT and support the business in investigating any errors or incorrect forecasting. Advising on what the issues were and the necessary steps to prevent future repeat problems.
- Liaise with HR and HR Helpdesk teams to ensure accuracy of people data
- Greet and induct all new joiners to explain the purpose and processes of the Resource Management function.
- Work with our career development, training, wellbeing and other support functions to advise our project teams and practitioners on any performance and/or work-life balance issues.
RM Business Partner additional responsibilities
- You will become a member of the RM Leadership Team – working into the Head of Business Support – helping to manage and lead the team effectively day to day and working closely with your RMBP peers to deliver cross-Consulting business insights.
- You will be a role model, willing to develop our more junior team members, professionalise the RM function and set the tone for our brand internally.
- You will be an experienced Resource Manager – able to bring gravitas and best practice to the team. You will communicate clearly and with authority.
- You will be a business advisor to the Consulting Leadership Team, able to use data to generate insight and drive accuracy and good governance.
- You will be the Resource Management Team’s representative for all things related to junior deployment – including attending any working groups, leadership meetings, and advising on the Analyst Induction Programme.
- You will think strategically and collaboratively; able to join the dots across multiple conversations, stakeholders, business units, industries to be able to see the big picture, balance competing business needs and then drive through to achieve a clear consensus.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London with occasional travel within the UK.
Work pattern: Permanent full-time – the role allows for a significant amount of working from home – this is particularly the case at the current time. Moving forwards we envisage a balance of home and office work that works best for the business and for you.
Your professional experience
- Previous experience of Resource Management; prior junior deployment experience would be highly desirable.
- Experience and understanding of Consulting preferred.
- Experienced candidates with a background in recruitment / relationship management within the consulting / professional services space may also be considered.
- Change Management / Process improvement experience with demonstrated stakeholder management expertise would be beneficial.
- You will be degree qualified (or equivalent) or qualified by your prior experience
- You will have had professional work experience in a medium to large sized organisation.
- Computer literate, in particular an excellent working knowledge of Windows, Word and Excel.
- Proactive and creative approach to problem solving.
- Numerate and well organised.
- Demonstrate an ability to work on detail and identify discrepancies in short timescales.
- A diligent and conscientious approach to carrying out work is essential.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Being able to talk authoritatively and with credibility to senior stakeholders either one to one or in large meetings.
- Willingness to present and be recognised as the go-to person for a team.
- Ideally an outgoing personality with a positive outlook and a strong team-working bias.
- An ability to understand different working styles, approaches and audiences. In response adapting correspondence, conversations and tactics accordingly.
- Able to quickly gain credibility with senior staff and the trust of all staff.
- A willingness to get in the detail of what is going on in your team, but also to see the wider picture.
- Hands on approach with ability to juggle several tasks at once.
- Tenacious, resilient and willing. Some tasks/meetings may require work outside of standard hours but weekend working is not expected.
Your service line: Consulting
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients’ trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
WPFULL SLICSS BAITEC CFTECH
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 179739