Assistant Research Manager, Life Sciences, Clients & Industries, Open to flexible working
An exciting assistant manager role to form part of an expert research team covering the dynamic and ever shifting challenges and trends in the Life Sciences and Health care industries.
Working as part of the Deloitte UK Centre for Health Solutions, an experienced research team supporting the life sciences and health care (private and public sector industries with eminence and thought leadership. The Centre’s remit is to advise internal and external stakeholders of the latest developments, including finding solutions to critical challenges facing our clients. A key purpose of the Centre is to raise the profile of Deloitte in this dynamic market by demonstrating differentiated and relevant points of view; supporting colleagues in building relationships and helping drive revenue.
Our small team of researchers bring their curiosity, empathy and interpretive skills to bear on all aspects of our work—from framing a challenge to writing thought leadership or client-relevant insights to presenting our insights to senior colleagues and clients. Our research is pragmatic and helps our clients to imagine, deliver and run the future.
The Assistant Research Manager would be responsible for researching, writing and publishing thought pieces focused on the vast issues, solutions and trends, which span across the full life sciences value chain, globally relevant yet often slanted to the European market. A significant element of the role would be to build and manage relationships and networks across our European member firms, to understand our clients and markets needs and tailoring the research programme accordingly.
- Develop insights on the biggest issues impacting our clients in the Life Sciences and create tailored outputs to support the thinking of our largest and most significant clients.
- Insights to examine the Future of Health and Life Sciences, Future of Work, impact of Digital Transformation
- Work with European industry, client relationship partners and teams to understand their clients needs
- Manage and work closely with the dedicated research analysts (2 in UK and one who operates offshore).
- Deliver a range of research projects (including primary and secondary research papers, short Points of View, infographics, data evaluation, data visualisation dashboards and Blog writing)
- Present research outputs to a variety of audiences, including Deloitte Partners, Deloitte practitioners and clients.
- Seek and encourage opportunities for integration and collaboration both within the Life Sciences and Healthcare industries in the UK and the wider European and Global teams.
- Engage with the wider Clients & Industries community (e.g. Marketing Delivery, Creative Studio, Digital, PR, Brand etc.) in order to deliver the Life Sciences and Healthcare Clients & Industries plan.
- Manage diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Work pattern: This is a permanent full-time contract opportunity. Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
- A Sciences Masters or higher degree
- One or more second languages, in addition to English
- Experience of conducting primary research and/or working in/with life sciences clients
- Applied analytical and research skills to ensure we are able to produce distinct insights that resonate with our clients and also to be able to derive new insights that differentiate us from our competitors
- Strong oral presentation, analytical and drafting skills
- Ability to develop strong and effective relationships with senior stakeholders including ability to influence Partners and account teams.
- Experience of MS Excel, PowerPoint and a data visualisation tool such as Tableau.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to deal with a degree of ambiguity and use own initiative and sense of curiosity.
- Proven track record of working in a complex, matrixed or multi-faceted environment.
Your service line: Internal Services
At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. Covering seven distinct areas; Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Practice Support Services, Quality & Risk Services, IT Services, and Workplace Services & Real Estate, together we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 179753