DevOps Engineer, Product Factory, Digital Financial Advisory, Open to returners & flexible working
Do you want to work with, and lead, a diverse technology team delivering truly business-changing products?
If so, the DFA Product Factory is somewhere that you can do just that.
We are at the heart of the strategic, long term and digitally-focused roadmap. We leverage the deep heritage of Deloitte and the amazing Intellectual Property within the firm to challenge the old and influence what is yet to happen.
We have the agility of a start-up, within the ecosystem of a $35bn global enterprise.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
The Product Factory, in London and St Albans, is a multi-location and highly diverse group that uses cloud-first, best of breed, software and technology to deliver innovative and impactful solutions to some of our clients most complex problems.
To support this exciting strategic initiative, this is your opportunity to join Deloitte's rapidly growing Financial Advisory Product Factory team. The Product Factory team harness innovative technology and the latest programming techniques to solve our clients’ most complex and immediate issues. The team designs and builds innovative solutions to compliance and risk issues in the financial crime and regulatory fields and provide specialist services to large and complex data-driven projects throughout the wider firm.
As typical with our business, the team will work in a highly agile and flexible way, supporting a diverse range of client, business and technical requirements.
As a DevOps Engineer you will be part of a small, dedicated Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team within the Product Factory. The SRE team have a range of responsibilities:
- Solution Architecture - architect systems based on our Cloud expertise and knowledge of what makes "good" reliable architecture
- Product Hosting - make sure that the infrastructure hosting our products is as reliable as possible, providing a consistent service for our users
- Shared Services and Tooling - centrally host services and tools to improve and accelerate the building and running of reliable products
- CICD Pipelines - provide the foundations for automating the reliable integration and deployment of changes from pull request to production
- Holistic Security - continuously look at the DFA estate through a security lens to plug gaps and add additional layers based on pragmatic prioritisation
We would expect you to:
- Understand what it takes to deliver and support high quality solutions that align to the needs of our clients based on the AWS platform in an Agile environment
- Be passionate about Cloud technology and Cloud adoption
- Develop and build upon our CI/CD platform
- Be a problem solver, troubleshooting and improving existing DevOps processes as well as providing support and advice for development teams
- Be curious and want to develop your knowledge of current and future technologies and how they can be leveraged at Deloitte
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: Your home office will be London, with occasional travel to St Albans.
Work pattern: Permanent full-time
Your professional experience
- Experience in building platforms in AWS (preferably serverless application stacks)
- Experience in Infrastructure as Code, preferably Terraform
- Knowledge of agile software development tools and methodologies such as Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD), DevOps principles
- Familiarity with using the version control system Git
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build “secure by design” systems
- AWS qualifications to support knowledge (Solution Architect Associate or similar)
- Background in development (e.g. understanding of best practices)
- Experience with container-based development approaches
Your service line: Financial Advisory
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you’ll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 179432