Head, Supported Studies Delivery, Open to flexible working
The Head, Supported Studies Delivery is a new role, that has been introduced to provide global leadership for the ISS and SCS portfolio across all the Franchises/Therapy Areas. In this role you will be focused on creating the operational capability required to deliver our supported investigator sponsored studies and supported collaborative studies, promoting a consistent approach to operations.
To complement GSK sponsored studies, GSK also recognizes the key role that supporting external studies play to fulfill patients' needs. Consequently, we are committed to support high standard ethical research conducted by external sponsors that is predominantly aligned with our scientific areas of interest and further improves the understanding of our products and disease areas of research to enhance patient care.
Supported Studies are conducted by an external Sponsor with GSK's support. The Sponsor of the study is an external investigator, healthcare institution or medical network seeking support from GSK to conduct the study.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following...
- Lead the Supported Studies team and establish the supported studies center of excellence for GSK
- Set a vision for the team, develop a plan and hold the team accountable for executing in accordance with the plan
- Lead and manage the team of study delivery, process and contracting experts to drive efficient and effective delivery of our supported studies portfolio
- Proactively monitor portfolio performance, achieve KPIs and identify/resolve risks to enable continued portfolio progress
- Develop and manage key cross-business relationships both within and outside VEO such as: SVP VEO, VEO LT, Medical TA VPs, CMDs, Head Study Delivery, Finance, Legal/Compliance, investigators and external vendors.
- Develop and embed processes and systems that facilitate the end to end planning and execution of supported studies
- Manage resource allocation and resource forecasting across the team
- Partner with Medical TA VPs and GMALs to plan and prioritize the book of work and manage the process and resources required to deliver it
- Collaborate with LOCs to ensure process alignment and timely execution of projects
- Ensure delivery of research plans in accordance with GSK processes and procedures
- Mentor, coach and develop team members to increase effectiveness and engagement by creating a collaborative, learning environment
- Lead or contribute to global, cross-functional, business improvement programmes that deliver measurable improvements for the supported studies portfolio and/or VEO
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- BSc or BA (Hons) in Clinical Research, Biological sciences or relevant experience in supported studies operations or clinical operations
- Prior experience utilizing business skills in a life science setting
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of supported studies management and/or clinical operations
- Ability to lead a team and build relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Proactive problem-solving mindset and ability to work flexibly to achieve team goals
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements.