Part-Time Finance Director (2 days per week)
2 days left
- Contract Type
Nicholas Howard are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Part-Time Finance Director.
Operating in this dynamic, fast paced environment, a unique and exciting opportunity exists for a Finance Director to join the senior management team.
A restructure has resulted in the creation of this new role which will be responsible for all Corporate Finance activity within the business as well as oversight for some outsourced Finance services to other business units.
Managing a small team, the role will report to the Managing Director and will be a key member of the business.
The role is based in Sheffield and may require some travel to other offices (Cambridge and London) and there will be an option to work from home.
* Member of the senior management team.
* Oversight of the management and financial reporting processes including monthly management accounts / Board reporting and annual audited financial statements. Responsible for provision of Group reporting requirements to Group finance team.
* Ensure compliance with all finance related regulatory requirements.
* Oversight of budgeting and forecasting process, including annual financial budgets as well as responsibility for production of financial aspects of business plans and new business modelling.
* Management of a team of 6 based in Sheffield.
* Development of financial reporting suite including in depth analysis of business unit performance to the Executive Team and Board.
* Corporate cashflow management and planning.
* Key contact for Finance related professional advisors (auditors, tax advisors, valuers, lawyers).
* Responsible for tax compliance activities (e.g. corporation tax returns, VAT returns) and heavily involved in planning and implementing strategies to minimise effective tax rates.
* Identifying opportunities to drive efficiencies within the finance processes & systems and designing & implementing robust solutions.
* Member of the Regulatory and Compliance Committee.
Skills & Requirements:
* Qualified Accountant - ACCA, ACA or CIMA preferred.
* Experience in progressively responsible Finance leadership roles including holding a SMF role.
* Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organisation.
* Ability to interact with business units and staff based in remote locations.
* Strong process design and implementation skills.
* Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
* High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and a results driven approach to challenges, with a customer service orientation.
To be considered for this position please apply below