Customer Marketing Manager, Santiago de Cuba, Open to flexible & home working
Ron Santiago de Cuba (“SDC”) is owned and exclusively distributed worldwide (excluding the USA) by a joint venture between Diageo Europe and Corporacion Cuba Ron S.A..
US sanctions regulations apply in respect of Cuba no “US person” should apply for or will be considered for this role. “US person” is defined in the US sanctions regulations to include individuals who are citizens or residents of the United States, including any current US visa or “green card” holders.
The Customer Marketing Manager position has been created to be actively involved in the delivery of the below goals reporting into the Global Marketing Head of SdC and looking after ROW markets.
- This role supports decisions around promotional strategy to drive volume, NSV, price/mix, profitability, alongside the A&P spend for the respective channel/category.
Leadership Responsibilities/ Key Stakeholders:
- The key internal stakeholders for these roles are the Market Distributor Managers, GB Country team and the Head of Global Marketing.
- This role will need to interact with most other functions within the Diageo GB business (sales, marketing, supply, finance, procurement, Europe customer marketing).
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
- Ensure the brand operates compliantly with the sanctions regime which applies.
- Channel Planning and Execution
- Build the relevant P&L and Commercial activity plan and shopper agenda for designated areas of business this role looks after
- Deliver an activation plan that inspires and excites our customers working closely with commercial teams to deliver the best outcome.
- Bring this to life for the sales team in a compelling and detail-rich way at sales briefings
- Create compelling customer propositions to take initiatives to customers
- Be the face of our brands to customers (as needed), selling a through-the-line plan that is tailored to their needs and rooted in brilliant execution
- Take full responsibility for the brand within your remit, monitoring its performance, working with the sales teams to develop opportunities and implement them, and course correcting in flight
- Ensure our A&P and Trade Investment is used efficiently within budget, driving the right ROI, via rigorous M&E
- Consolidate and share in-country best practice and lessons learned
Decision maker for:
- Recommendations on Pricing, Promotional guidelines, TI, & Mix
- Implementation & compliance of TTs & Pricing
- The end to end process leading to brilliant delivery of customer tender/in-store execution activation meetings
- Input and support the creation of the key growth drivers and shopper marketing campaign.
- 7+ years of Commercial experience in market and Global roles, ideally including time spent in national accounts and customer marketing
- Understanding and creative flair around shopper marketing ideas/tools
- Outstanding analytical ability & commercial acumen
- Excellent persuasive selling ability and advance presentation skills
- Ability to think creatively, distil key insights & frame a problem and solution in a coherent and comprehensive way
This role is open to applications from candidates seeking flexible working arrangements.
This full-time role may include some home working
Travel to Cuba & other locations globally will be required occasionally
As per above no US Person who is resident in the US should apply for this role.