Cyber Security Analyst - Open to flexibility
Cyber Security Analyst - Open to flexibility
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
Roles and Responsibilities
Working as part of the KPMG Information Protection team, as a Cyber Security Analyst you will play a key role in ensuring that the business IT systems are protected and monitored from threats.
You will assist with the daily operational system administration of the security toolsets including IDS, advanced threat detection and privilege account management to ensure they are updated and fully functional.
You will participate in the active monitoring of the security sensors and ensure that appropriate actions are taken as part of the Incident Response process.
- Proactively monitor the network security sensors ensuring timely detection, investigation and remediation of potential threats in line with the Information Protection incident management lifecycle
- Use the advanced security analytics toolsets to monitor for emerging threat patterns and vulnerabilities
- Interact with the Global Security Operations Centre (GSOC), including Incident response and intelligence sharing, escalating to management where required
- Perform SIEM administrative duties such as adding new types of detection logic, use cases, intelligence, data enrichment feeds and log types
- Oversee the operation of all security toolsets including system health monitoring, device maintenance and upgrades and assist with updating the relevant documentation
- Assist and support IT operational teams in the vulnerability management and patching of the KPMG infrastructure
- Work closely with other KPMG teams to ensure that all technologies are activity monitored including troubleshooting where necessary
- Ensure that the Cyber security requirements are met as part of the change management lifecycle
- Ensure that all knowledge is shared within the Cyber Monitoring & Response team
Experience and Background
Technical skills and experience:
The ideal candidate will have expertise in the following:
- Technical degree with focus on Information / Cyber Security-based curriculum (preferably engineering or computer science).
- At least three years hand-on experience working in an operational IT based role as a system administrator, architect or implementation engineer with a mature understanding of Cyber security principles
- Familiarity with various operating systems including Windows and Linux is essential.
- Proven ability with Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) systems.
- Experience with Intrusion detection/prevention systems, including Advanced Threat protection.
- Experience with vulnerability management tools and methodologies.
- Good understanding of the different networking technologies and authentication protocols.
- Practical and current knowledge of the Cyber Security threats landscape.
Soft skills and experience:
- At least 3+ years’ experience working within a Cyber Security operations environment.
- Proven customer service skills and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret data including security, system, application and device specific logs
- Excellent analytical skills and solutions oriented approach.
- Ability to work in high-demand, busy environments.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and systems. A methodical approach with accuracy is essential.
- Ability to liaise with the full range of individuals and groups involved in a business or IT programme.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with members of the different KPMG team in the UK and globally.
Desirable additional points:
- Hold or working towards a security certification; Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) or equivalent.
- Proven technical certification in system and/or networking operation, preferably having a broad curriculum.
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.
Please click Apply to continue.