Audit Assistant Manager - National Markets, London, Flexible
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
Our KPMG London National Markets audit team consist of approximately 110 client facing staff led by 9 Partners, who service clients across a variety of sectors, including: mining, media, construction, retail, recruitment, telecommunications and sports. The audit team also works in conjunction with other services including Corporate Tax, Deal Advisory, Pensions and Restructuring.
Our audit clients, who are both listed and non-listed, vary in size from large multi-national groups through to small owner managed business based across Central London, Greater London, and the South East. There are opportunities to diversify your portfolio as well as specialise. Our teams lead large international audits as well as working with overseas parent companies which gives our work a truly international perspective. Some have travelled to parts of Europe, the Americas, East Asia, and Russia to service our clients.
As a newly qualified auditor you would join KPMG as an Audit Assistant Manager, reporting directly into an Audit Manager. At this level you can expect to be in charging smaller teams of up to two-three people on smaller clients in year one. In your second year you typically build your portfolio to in charge larger jobs in teams of four-six people. We can offer you exposure to IFRS, UK GAAP, US GAAP, IAS and SOX in this role. KPMG provides you the chance to take ownership of planning and project managing all aspects of audits, involving working at the client site and leading teams on the ground.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects, focusing on optimising profitability
- Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex audit issues
- Supervising and coaching junior members of staff to help them realise their full potential
- Building relationships with the client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm
- Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings and identifying the sales opportunities that will help us grow our business
- Reporting to audit managers and partners on all salient points arising from audits
- Identifies and pursues business opportunities
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own work
- Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work
- Seeks out feedback and development opportunities
- Gives clear directions, positive and constructive feedback
- Coaches less experienced staff
- Analyses problems, identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information
- Builds the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience
- Monitors and upholds high quality of service and products to clients (internal and external)
Qualifications and Skills
- Recently qualified ACA or equivalent qualification
- We will also consider candidates who are exam qualified and/or nearing full qualification
- Recent and significant experience as an external auditor in a professional services environment, including exposure to mixed sector corporate clients
- Good working knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS
- Strong IT literacy, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.
While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a balanced lifestyle. We offer part time roles with flexible working arrangements which could include, annualised hours, early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. We are happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest and, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly Equal Opportunities employer.