VAT Assistant Manager across the North West or Yorkshire, Open to flexible working
Join us and you’ll shape more than just your career
Due to our continued success and growth, we are looking for an Assistant Manager to join our North VAT team.
We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insight empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
Let’s talk about the job
If you enjoy working on a wide-reaching range of projects that will help businesses and communities flourish, you’ll fit right in. Here are some things you can expect from this VAT Assistant Manager role.
- Own your own work. You will be responsible for delivering high quality technical advice, working with diverse range of clients from large corporates to not-for-profit bodies. We welcome any conversations regarding part time or flexible working requirements.
- Be a part of a team. You will be part of a growing team across the North region, and which is part of the larger national VAT practice. You will have the opportunity to work with junior members of the team who are developing into their roles and will be able to help develop their technical knowledge. You will be able to work with our various senior managers, who will each bring their own knowledge and experience to help you to develop your career with us.
- Take responsibility. You will be responsible for a variety of aspects of client delivery, including assisting with risk management, deliverable technical advice and attending meetings. You will be encouraged to develop your own client relationships, with the support of the wider team, and assist these clients with their VAT and indirect tax matters.
- Build your brand. You will have the opportunity to develop your own relationships, both within Grant Thornton and with clients. We will help you to develop your career within Grant Thornton to enable you to progress.
- Making quality second nature. This means doing what’s right even when no one’s looking. The work that you will do has a major impact on our clients and our firm. We pride ourselves on the high-level standards we have for the work that we do.
The minimum criteria
- You will have indirect tax experience and a good base of technical knowledge.
- CTA or equivalent qualification is desired but not an essential requirement as relevant experience will be equally important.
Skills to set you apart
Here are a few more skills we are looking for. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box. It’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- A good base of technical knowledge and the ability to research specific subjects
- Good business writing skills with an ability to provide written technical advice
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Strong inter-personal skills and an ability to communicate and build business relationships
- Willingness to work within a team
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
Collaboration: We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out.
Leadership: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects.
Excellence: Quality is central to our purpose. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Share ideas and profits
Unlike most firms, we’re also a shared enterprise. So when the firm does well, everyone does well by taking home a share of the profits. Of course, to get those profits, we need to share ideas and share responsibility for our work, too.
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
“We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone – regardless of background or gender.” Dave Dunckley, CEO
There’s more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes…the things you do and the people you’re with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you’d like to work flexibly, let us know. We’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
For further details and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.