Senior Manager, Talent - Open to flexibility
Senior Manager, Talent - Open to flexibility
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
Reporting to: Head of Talent
Location: Flexible [within UK]
The role is an exciting and challenging opportunity for an experienced talent/HR professional with substantial talent/HR/people leadership/management experience and expertise, including ideally experience of leading promotions and talent management practices. The role holder will have a proven track record of successfully designing, communicating and delivering interventions that support a high performance culture and enable high potential talent to fulfil their potential. The role requires thought leadership and innovation to continuously improve our talent practices, to support the success of our UK Firm.
Objectives & Key Deliverables
- Lead the E to A grade Promotions processes across the whole Firm
- Lead the E to A grade Talent Review process across the whole Firm
- Proactively drive improvements to our talent pipelining and promotions policy/practices to make tangible progress against our firm’s diversity and inclusion targets
- Lead strategically important Talent projects
- Support the evolution of the KPMG People Planning approach to ensure talent supply outputs meet the demand side requirements for future talent
- Identification and development of key talent pools and accelerating their readiness for target roles. Ensuring that this group have access to the career opportunities they need to develop their careers including international experience, delivering on the firm’s global mobility targets
- Support the Head of Talent to ensure we have a robust succession plan in place for critical roles in the organisation
- Develop talent practices that increase engagement and retention of high performing colleagues and partners
Qualifications and Experience
- A background of progressively senior experience in a Talent/People Leadership/HR role, ideally in a professional services or consulting environment
- A relevant degree and ideally post graduate degree qualified in a related field
- Proven aptitude in developing thought leadership and innovative ideas to support our diversity and inclusion agenda so that it is embedded as part of core talent practices
- Leadership and people management experience
- Track record in delivering in a fast moving environment and responding to change
- Seasoned ability and demonstrable experience weighing up competing priorities, achieving consensus, shaping and improving processes and teams to deliver significantly enhanced results
- Demonstrable track record of having improved company/firm performance through the successful development and implementation of a Talent initiatives
- Outstanding problem solving abilities; successfully led cross-functional projects
- Ability to prepare, execute and deliver quality multiple work streams on time and within budget
- Ability to build confidence at upper-most levels of an organisation through direct, open, straight-forward communication
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills which enable confident, compelling and successful interactions with stakeholders across a complex partnership group
- Proven understanding of data analytics and ability to deliver Talent initiatives that are robust and measurable in terms of its successful business outcomes
- Strong external/market awareness, networks and understanding of the broader industry trends and challenges and the role talent management can play in an organisations success
- Commercial acumen and creativity to find cost effective talent solutions
Permanent location of the role is flexible, although attendance in Canary Wharf for important stakeholder meetings circa 2/3 days per week is anticipated and ability to flex to be in KPMG offices to attend important stakeholder meetings is expected.
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.