Management Accountant Consultant, open to flexible working
In essence the role is to ensure the management of the business financial position is operationalised. Our service requires a financial professional to develop national operational and strategic financial management to enable Efficacy to meets its aims and objectives within an efficient, safe, profitable and effective working environment.
You will analyse the financial information, and key variations, and from this create the financial template and reports for the company to manage independently. These will help Efficacy to make well informed decisions, leading to future stability, growth and profitability
You will establish and maintain financial policies and management information systems, as well as provide a high-quality support service by liaising with management colleagues on all aspects of finance.
You will analyse the performance of Efficacy and advise on how to prevent problems, adapt to changing circumstances and improve value. You will manage and reduce operational and production costs and propose and implement new and effective strategies.
Specifc responsibilites may inlcude:
- preparing periodic financial statements, including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries
- providing a support service by working with the management team to help make financial decisions
- ensuring spending is kept in line with the budget
- informing key strategic decisions and formulating business strategies
- advising on the financial implications and consequences of business decisions
- analysing financial performance and contributing to medium and long-term business planning and forecasts
- negotiating on major projects, loans and grants
- offering professional judgement on financial matters and advising on ways of improving business performance
- interpreting and communicating financial data to non-financial managers
- monitoring and evaluating financial information systems and suggesting improvements where needed
- implementing corporate governance procedures, risk management and internal controls.
Scope for consultancy and succession planning:
The project is for a period of 3 months. It is expected that the consultant will identify the ongoing role requirements, job description, and succession planning after the period of consutancy. This might be a indentifed from existing resources, recruitment of a new person, or extension of the consultancy into a employee postions.
At the end of the 3 month project the objective will be to ensure process and procedures are in place that serve the financial needs of a dynamic business thoguth a period of growth.
- Will have proven experience of finance support within a commercial environment and an accounting qualification (CIMA/ACCA/ACA), you will have knowledge of budgetary control and business/financial planinng as well as project evaluation and control.
- Be degree educated (or equivalent)
- Possess the capability to prioritise and work under pressure
- Operate to tight deadlines
- Possess leadership skills to help drive achievement of financial and business targets.
- Have previous experience in developing financial cases for complex business strategies (including evaluation of insource/outsource opportunities)
- Have the ability to devise and follow on profit improvement programs
- Have thorough working knowledge of IT, accountancy, budgeting and accounting software,
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Have the ability to distil complex information into clear and simple messages
- Have the capability to influence at all levels to ensure financial consequences are taken into account and drive sound commercial decisions.
Please apply with your CV and a covering letter of no more than 250 words
Applications via the method below
Interviews will take place in Central London. Please note if you are not available for interview on this date, then please notify us of your availability.