Global Corporate Media Executive, Open to flexible working
We are looking for a Global Corporate Media Executive to join us in GSK HQ! This is a fantastic development role for an individual looking to grow their Communications experience in a fast-paced and high- profile team.
As a Global Corporate Media Executive you will play a key, hands on role in the media relations operation. You will support the Media Directors in the delivery of proactive strategies to enhance GSK's corporate reputation and manage a high volume of newsflow.
This role requires strong communications skills, personal credibility and integrity and business knowledge and acumen. There is a high level of issues management and the role will likely routinely deal with price sensitive information and often operates in pressurised circumstances.
The Global Corporate Media Relations team are responsible for protecting and strengthening GSK's reputation by managing relationships, newsflow and issues with top-tier national, international print and broadcast media; and global newswires.
- Working across the team to support the Media directors in their roles of proactive and reactive communications - whether that's managing the logistics of an event; preparing briefings for CET members or researching an issue.
- Contributing to maintaining interest in GSK announcements over time through "content campaigns" (eg, media features, capitalizing on broadcast documentaries).
- Working with a Director, supports media strategy and communication for corporate events such as quarterly financial results, strategic business updates and Annual General Meeting with shareholders. Also supports development of Annual Corporate Reporting programme: specifically development of annual report content/messaging in relation to business performance.
- Supports production of issues management materials for key corporate issues (e.g. remuneration, corporation tax, litigation) and briefings for senior leaders upto and including the CEO.
- Works closely with digital communications colleagues to maximise digital reach of announcements across channels and devise appropriate content (video, social media, infographics etc).
- Work with markets (where necessary) to gain better alignment across media relations.
- Co-ordination of media relations work by running a "grid" of activities and announcements.
- Make a positive contribution to CGA and Corporate Affairs cross functional initiatives and / or team meetings.
- Demonstrable experience in communications, ideally gained in a number of communications disciplines.
- Experience in communications planning & delivery, aligning communications strategy and related campaigns to the drivers of the business and with broader reputation issues
- Proven experience of working in a fast-paced, global team.
- Track record of "global thinking" and delivering communications with measurable outcomes.
- Strong, dynamic, highly articulate communicator with excellent writing skills, across a wide range of media (including digital)
- Excellent networker with ability to build trusted relationships and partnerships, working across organisational boundaries in GSK and with key stakeholders outside the company
- Ability to work across a complex matrix structure and with a high volume and wide variety of issues and topics.
- Self motivated and naturally collaborative team player with can-do attitude.
- Tenacious and persistent with high personal accountability - happy to pitch-in where needed.
- Results driven and solutions oriented, with proven programme management skills and focused on delivery to deadlines.
- Calm under pressure.
- Prior experience within the field of Journalism.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements.