Sterile Scheduler, Open to flexible working
- Contract Type
In the heart of rural Teesdale, the GSK site at Barnard Castle is a key member of the Pharma Supply Chain (PSC) organization. We are responsible for producing some of the world's leading Sterile Medicines for a wide range of diseases including Lupus, Leukaemia and HIV.
Our Barnard Castle facility is a key secondary manufacturing site within the GSK network, and one of GSKs flagship New Product Introduction sites, bringing ground-breaking medicines to people all over the world at the right quality and the right price.
The purpose of the Production scheduler is to be Responsible for the scheduling of production and components to support the on time in full deliveries as per the Supply Planning Hub's requirement within the Sterile Team.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to :
- Responsible for managing the Production plan and Finite Schedule for the availability of Bulk Drug Substance and API for use across several manufacturing production lines for the use in High profile Biopharm production
- Overall responsibility for BDS / API Material availability to meet the production schedule
- Co-ordination of shipping, receipt and sampling to meet the required production dates
- Management of Cold Store inventory
- Build and maintain robust relationships with Operations Teams, Quality, supply sites and alignment to relevant NPI teams
- Working closely with the Supply Planning Hub regarding demand and customer requirements
- Ensure that GMP, Quality, Health & Safety are maintained at the highest levels in all aspects of the role
- Be part of a cross-functional multi-level project team, coordinating the execution of specific products within the Sterile Scheduling Portfolio, collaborating with internal site functions (e.g. Regulatory, SLDC, Validation teams etc.), off-site teams and supply planners and multiple off-site teams.
- Responsible for the development and delivery of a detailed scheduling plan to manage the execution and Delivery of a scheduling process and communication of any plan changes to achieve operational scheduling activity for this product.
- Establish & maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders external parties and BC Site Scheduling Team, Sterile Operations Team & Global Planning) to promote their full engagement.
- Communicate regularly with on-site & off-site stakeholders on Scheduling process progression & escalate any issues.
- Participation in key weekly/monthly site meetings including Value Stream OFM, Schedule Lock, Planner-Scheduler Handover and Capacity Review.
- Work with Global Planning to agree scheduling and Planning activity to achieve normal commercial supply (agree handover)
- Work as a flexible and motivated member of the Sterile Scheduling team and the wider operations team.
- To follow all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and/or Standards of Work (SW) applicable and in which the individual has been trained.
- To act at all times in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and to report any quality issues.
- To act in a safe manner, always (in compliance with the Health & Safety at Work Act, and all other relevant legislation) and to use GSK safety reporting systems to highlight potential hazards.
- To remain up to date with all training requirements (both 'classroom' courses and computer- based training through the 'My Learning' internal platform).
- To take part in Continuous Improvement (CI) activities to highlight improvements to equipment and processes. To take part in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Corrective and Preventative Action (CAPA) processes
- To provide the support required to ensure that the area is audit ready and fully compliant with safety, and quality standards at all times. Audit fronting, support for self-inspection, problem solving and identifying corrective actions to improve performance
CLOSING DATE for applications: Monday 18th January
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Required Qualifications and experience:
- A levels / Degree or equivalent business experience
- Experience of logistics scheduling/planning/material management
- Experience of working in complex matrix management environment, experience of GSK product / launch processes. Experience of artwork & pack set-up
- Logistics / supply chain knowledge and project management skills.
- Interpersonal/Influencing and communication skills
- A flexible and highly Committed individual
- Self motivated and ability to work under pressure
- Logistics IT (SAP / APO / Harmony) system knowledge
- Computer literate
- Ability to work across various on site and above site functions
- Attention to Detail
- Time Management and Organisational Skills
- Ability to learn quickly and make quick and informed decisions
- Lateral thinker
GlaxoSmithKline is a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative medicines and brands. We discover, make and market life-enhancing products that are used by millions of people around the world, helping them to do more, feel better and live longer. We have 3 primary areas of business in pharmaceuticals, vaccines and consumer healthcare. We have offices in more than 115 countries, major research centers in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China and an ex
3.ensive manufacturing network with 87 sites globally. Our three strategic priorities are to grow a diversified global business, deliver products of value, and to simplify our operating model.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements.