Global Marketing Director, Daprodustat, Open to flexible & home working
- Contract Type
Are you looking for a high-profile commercial role that allows you to shape our promotional strategy and drive growth across a broad global region? If so, this Global Marketing Director role for Daprodustat could be an exciting opportunity to consider.
Daprodustat is a medicine in development at GSK for treating patients with anemia of Chronic Kidney Disease. It is part of a new, innovative class of erythropoietin stimulating agents, described as HIF-PHIs (hypoxia-inducible factor prolyl hydroxylase inhibitors), designed to potentially help revolutionize standards of care for both dialysis and non-dialysis patients. The market and competitive dynamics are complex and evolving, which drive need for strategic thinking in the midst of ambiguity. Daprodustat is a key late stage asset within the Specialty and Primary Care TA as one of the growth drivers to help GSK become a Specialty BioPharma company over the coming years.
DUVROQ (Daprodustat) recently launched Japan, with a third party, as the first global market. GSK is running a comprehensive Global Clinical Development program to support launches in other markets. 2021 is a critical year for the brand in terms of inflection points, competitive launches, and data. US and EU launches are anticipated in the next 2-3 yrs, and the time is now to drive strategy, build launch plans, and prepare the organization for flawless launch execution.
The GMD, reporting to the Medicines Commercialization Leader, will play a critical role in the growing Daprodustat team, as you shape strategy and organizational thinking in preparation for a successful launch.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Develop brand strategy and deliver launch/brand plan in accordance with Integrated Asset Plan (IAP) across customer segments including Patient, HCP, and Payer, in partnership with key cross functional partners and LOCs.
- Understand, value, and prioritize sources of differentiation by leveraging cross functional insights; elucidating implications of emerging data and competitive launches across cross functional teams and strategies
- Develop strategic choices (positioning, segmentation, targeting, etc) and promotional strategy - both in non-dialysis and dialysis
- Partner with Insights to deliver Global Forecast aligned to strategy; generating recommended assumptions and strategic input
- Elucidate required SG&A and commercial model to optimize asset performance in Global markets
- Drive governance deliverables and workstreams including MCT, FRC and PIB submissions aligned to key decisions for the organization (including 1Q21 global forecast revision and C2F/L decision)
- Lead the CCG (co-creation group) with key cross functional and LOC representation
- Lead development/refinement of IAP work packages, working with cross functional teams, as approach C2FL
- Drive LOC engagement strategy with CCG
- Integrate learnings from Japan and China into Global brand strategy
- Lead labelling discussions aligned with strategy
- Lead lifecycle management strategy as a means to drive additional value for the asset, including paediatrics
Role to be based in the U.S. at one of our Philadelphia, PA area sites, our site in Research Triangle Park, NC or if located on the East Coast of the U.S., it may be home based with monthly travel one of the sites. Additional locations are in the UK at GSK House and a home based UK (GMT) or EU (CET) time based candidate
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelors Degree
- Previous experience with in-line and pre/peri-launch commercial (marketing, analytics, payor and sales) roles.
- LOC experience (US, EU, Japan)
- Messaging, campaign, creative development experience
- Experience working on a specialty disease or in the renal/nephrology area
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Previous regional/global experience
- AGILE experience
- Senior leader stakeholder engagement; strong "storytelling" capabilities (written/oral)
- Strong business and scientific acumen
- Experience leveraging customer insights to develop brand strategy
- Matrix team leadership and influencing skills
- Ability to driving performance
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Thrives working in fast paced, complex and often ambiguous environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient
- Demonstrated sense of ownership and accountability for the shared success of the team and asset
- Has strong learning agility and demonstrated ability to manage complexity
- Ability to prioritize, pivot, and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Track record of leading cross functionally and across geographies without direct authority
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, across all levels of the organization
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk, governance and control, managing ambiguity and paradox.
- Managing individual performance.
- Creating a performance culture and driving results, prioritisation, execution, delivering performance.
- Setting strategic direction and leading on-going organisational transformation.
- Building a resilient organisation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration in service of common goals, engaging the organisation and building trusted external networks for mutual benefit.
- Managing P&L and capital allocation.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements.