Customer Support Manager, Content Platforms, Open to flexible working
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical, vaccine and healthcare companies, employing over 100,000 people globally with offices in more than 115 countries, with more than a third in emerging markets.
GSK has a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 84 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
GSK Mission and Strategy - to help people do more, feel better, live longer
GSK is on a journey towards digital transformation to become the global leader in bringing the best in class analytics and insights, to serve the consumer and patient. In April 2017, Emma Walmsley, formerly the Head GSK Consumer, was appointed CEO of GSK and has been vocal about her desire to accelerate GSK's digital transformation. This strategy is far reaching and will extend to all corners of the business - from Big Data and applications of artificial intelligence in R&D to New Media in bringing to life consumer brands.
We are looking for a Customer Support Manager, Content Platforms to be the Global business owner of the Content Approval Process and the technology solutions it is run on: Veeva Vault ProMotion. This role is responsible for partnering with our brand teams, agency partners, Tech partners and other cross-functions such as Medical Affairs, Legal, Regulatory and R & D to design, implement and manage the latest process optimizations, capabilities and product configurations to enable world-class marketing at GSK Consumer Health. Their high level of communication skills and stakeholder management will be key in supporting teams via training sessions and collecting feedback for continuous improvements.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Support of customers (Internal users) throughout their Content Approval Journey. Educating on the Process, trouble-shooting issues (with support of technical offshore team) and embedding ways of working.
- Multi-functional stakeholder management at all levels through a high level of communication skills and knowledge of the matrix organization structure.
- Manage the enhancement roadmap, optimization and servicing of the current Content Approval Process and tool: ProMotion, in partnership with Technology Product team, by engaging with the business / marketing teams to understand requirements, identify best practice and help elevate their knowledge.
- Guide the integration of new content approval workflows such as the Ecosystem, from innovation pilot phase within "Next" and other parts of the organization to global BAU deployment within Operations.
The main day-to-day activities of this role are:
- Support customers (Internal users) globally to navigate the Content Approval process: Respond to daily queries via a shared mailbox and provide ad-hoc virtual training sessions based on business need.
- Manage internal Communications for the Content Approval process and tool, via the superuser community, email and Workplace to drive customer understanding and experience with the overall platform.
- Create & share performance reports and dashboards within ProMotion to monitor KPIs.
- Create, analyze and share customer experience surveys to identify future areas of optimization or knowledge gaps.
- Model governance: Input into biweekly 'Sprints' (business reviews) involving Tech partners and internal senior management.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 2 + years' experience as a Brand Manager or Senior Brand Manager
- 5 + years' experience in digital Customer Product Management.
- Ideal candidate would have built a rounded hands-on career to date involving Content Approval in some form.
- Significant experience in FMCH (Fast Moving Consumer Health) or CPG (Consumer Packaged Goods) or Tech Agency company is preferred.
- Deep understanding of Global-to-Local marketing models, functions and processes.
- Very high level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others and elicit work output in a team environment.
- Ability to build relationships and manage performance of key external partners.
- Excellent oral written communication skills with ability to align stakeholders from business and IT with competing priorities.
- Strong data & performance analysis skills.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements.