Operations Specialist, Open to flexible working
- Contract Type
We are recruiting for an Operations Specialist, to come and join our team!
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Drive improved Service Provider performance within region, support development and implementation of benchmarking, internal client feedback and innovation programmes to include data analysis and visualisation of information for key decision-making and improvement opportunities
- Manage annual opex budget setting process (as well as annual U2 review) with internal Finance Partners, Supplier teams, and WREF Site Leads
- In partnership with WREF Finance, review actuals spends, identifying variances, resolving discrepancies via Genpact or Service Partner, and finding areas for improvement to manage to budget Review actual spend with budget owners monthly identifying variances and areas for improvement
- Review monthly reconciliations and 'true-ups' of actual vs budget spend by contract category for all Service Providers for accuracy.
- Manage regular accrual process within region as required (quarterly, year-end), to ensure accurate posting of accruals
- Support budget restatement processes for sites not yet in WREF portfolio
- Prepare material and presentation decks for management meetings giving effective visual display of key information to deliver critical information in a succinct and persuasive manner
- Act as regional data management process owner including collection, storage and indexation of operational, financial and compliance data and documents in SharePoint and other storage medium in line with audit requirements, global policies and standards ensuring material is kept up to date, securely stored electronically and disposed of after useful life
- Act as lead and point of contact for the roll out of multiple GSK wide and WREF programs. Take responsibility for the development and management of 'sub' processes and systems that bridge the gap and interface between GSK and Service Providers ensuring effective controls are maintained
- Support the initiation and delivery of initiatives to improve processes that drive simplification and standardization through site-based coordinators, where applicable
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Financial or Accounting Degree/Qualification
- Familiarity with and competent use of financial reporting systems (SAP) and spreadsheets (Excel)
- Experience at presenting complex financial information in Powerpoint to illustrate critical issues, trends
- Budget development, tracking and management support
- Ad-hoc analysis to identify opportunities to improve financial performance
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk. Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution. Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning. Sustaining energy and well-being Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations. Budgeting and cost-consciousness
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements.