Audit Manager - CASS External Audit - Flexible Contracts
Quality is at the heart of what we do. Combining passionate people with leading technology, we work together to build trust in society. We put the team first and solve important problems by challenging the organisations we audit and being open to challenge ourselves. We take pride in our work and the profession, recognising audit as a deep specialism.
It's a really exciting time to be joining us. We’re growing our teams across all areas of our Audit practice and investing a huge amount in our people, their skills and the technology available, as we continue to radically modernise our business and the way we serve our clients.
This role is open specifically for people who are looking to work Flexibly.
Everyone’s lives are different. Maybe you have a start-up business that only takes up some of your time, or perhaps you volunteer and want to get paid work around volunteering? Or you could be a parent or carer taking time-out to support your family? Or are you semi-retired but still want to supplement your income? Maybe you’ve taken a career break and looking to get back into work?
There are all sorts of reasons why a traditional working pattern may not be quite right for you and why working more flexibly with us could be just what you were looking for.
If you have the required experience and are looking to work flexibly (eg part time, term time, permanent, fixed term etc) then please feel free to get in touch or hit 'apply'.
About the team
A career in our Financial Services Audit practice, within External Audit services, will provide you with the opportunity to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large entities. Our clients are often well known brands and many have broad international reach. We focus on using the latest technology to reduce the level of manual testing ensuring you’ll focus on the most valuable areas of client service and on enhancing corporate governance and the reliability of our clients’ information.
Our team helps financial organisations navigate regulatory complexity while strengthening trust and transparency in their business. Our clients cover industries within banking and capital markets, private equity, insurance, and consumer finance. While many of the rules of business have changed, the fundamentals haven’t. You’ll work alongside senior members of the client’s management team in planning the audit process from beginning to end, ensuring completeness, accuracy, and fair presentation of our client’s information.
The passion of our people, combined with access to the latest technology, helps us deliver the highest quality audits and build trust in society. We pride ourselves on our global reputation as a trusted place to do business, whilst giving our people access to the best opportunities and lots of variety through your home team, internal secondments and international assignments.
CASS is a high profile and priority area of the FCA given failures such as Lehman Brothers in 2008 and other recent fines imposed on organisations. The work we do plays an important part in ensuring our clients protect their customers through robust testing of their CASS control frameworks.
We have a large and high profile CASS audit client base across the banking and asset/wealth management sectors, including global investment banks, UK FTSE banks and asset managers, brokers, and a host of smaller or mid-cap clients.
A career in our team will provide you with the opportunity to provide a range of Audit services to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large entities. Our clients are often well known brands and many have broad international reach. We focus on using the latest technology to reduce the level of manual testing ensuring you’ll focus on the most valuable areas of client service and on enhancing corporate governance and the reliability of our clients’ information.
The work we do helps financial organisations navigate regulatory complexity while strengthening trust and transparency in their business. You’ll work alongside senior members of the client’s management team in planning the audit process from beginning to end, ensuring completeness and accuracy of controls in place to ensure that our clients are adequately protecting client assets in accordance with the FCA rules.
About the role
As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive audit and industry experience, primarily helping to deliver high quality CASS audits as well as the opportunity to deliver a number of other assurance projects. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Senior Managers and above
- Train, coach, and supervise staff with more junior staff having direct reporting lines to you on client engagements
- Contribute to the development of your own and team’s technical acumen, including responding to changes in CASS and other related regulations
- Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges
- Personally seek to, and enable your teams to, pursue enhancements to the way we work through the use of technology
- Assist in the management and delivery of large projects
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Develop internal and client relationships and take responsibility for helping to enhance the PwC brand through high quality, robust work in everything you do
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Be involved in the financial management of client engagements
Who we are looking for
- Focussed and initiative driven (required to maximise growth potential)
- Proven ability in leading audit engagements (CASS or financial statements audits), including planning, controlling and completing a diverse range of assignments
- Experience of working with clients in either the Financial Services or more specifically Banking industries
- A passion for delivering an exceptional client service
- Strong analytical and organisational abilities
- Experience in supervising and developing staff
- Proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong client relationships
- Experience of supervising and developing staff through coaching
- Strong project management skills
- Proven ability to demonstrate a challenging mindset
- A desire to learn more about technology and willingness to improve current processes through its use
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- ACA or equivalent is preferred
- Knowledge of the CASS rules is preferred, but not essential for the right candidate
- Experience of understanding control frameworks
- Strong team-working skills
- Desire for continuous improvement
- Highly developed listening and questioning techniques
We're unable to offer visa sponsorship for these roles. In order to be eligible you will need to have your own right to live and work in the UK for the duration of your employment.
Find out more about our PwC office locations please click 'Apply'.
The skills we look for
Our people are curious and put quality first and foremost. They are inclusive and invest in themselves and their teams. They adapt to new challenges with flexibility, agility and intelligence. They speak up, role modelling constructive challenge whilst also being open to challenge themselves. They take pride in their profession, their work and their passion to deliver to the highest quality.
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements.
For further details and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.