Senior Health Outcomes Manager, Oncology, Open to flexible working
- Contract Type
GlaxoSmithKline is a world leading research-based pharmaceutical company that combines both individual talent and technical resources to create a platform for the delivery of strong growth in a rapidly changing healthcare market. Our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
Are you looking for a high-profile health outcomes role that shapes solid evidence generation for our medicines across the region? If so, this Senior Health Outcomes Manager role could be an exciting opportunity to explore within our dynamic Oncology function which is vastly growing and impacting patients in an unprecedented way.
Leadership of Health Outcomes strategy development and implementation of a key and growing section of our portfolio - in order to inform brand strategy, influence our customers and hence maximise commercial return. To lead the National Health Technology Appraisal (HTA) activities for our medicines as relevant for the oncology portfolio.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leadership of health outcomes activity to generate high quality and timely data to support the access of the oncology portfolio to the UK market.
- Responsible for the development and delivery of specific NICE and other health technology assessment submissions including development and agreement of strategy, liaison with internal and external senior stakeholders and the institute.
- To input into pricing decisions to ensure that cost effectiveness is appropriately considered in decision making.
- To work with colleagues in Value Evidence and Outcomes and Global Market Access to ensure global plans are developed with a full understanding of the requirements of UK customers.
- Development and driving implementation on key aspects of non-brand related health outcomes activity.
- Supervision of other health outcomes staff in terms of their involvement in specific project related activity including setting objectives and monitoring and appraising performance for the specific project.
- To contribute to and champion the role of health outcomes within GSK UK including providing insight and informing decisions based on expertise and knowledge.
- To contribute to the development of health outcomes capability within GSK UK including providing leadership in their area of technical skill.
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process. If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- MSc / PhD in Health Economics/Epidemiology/Statistics.
- Proven track record and significant experience of outcomes research within the pharmaceutical industry ideally with some UK LOC experience, or within a health outcomes/health economic/market access agency, or experience of HTA within reimbursement bodies such as NICE, SMC, AWMSG, or NCPE (Ireland).
- Oncology experience.
- Proven ability for strategic thinking and working across the business to define, generate and deliver health outcomes strategy.
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills with the ability to influence and challenge without line management authority.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Excellent understanding of the NHS and customer needs for outcomes evidence.
- Experience of undertaking submissions to NICE or other UK HTA bodies.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements.