Senior Manager – Digital HR Transformation and Technology, Open to flexible working
People Advisory Services (PAS) harnesses the collective power of all or our people – related services into a single integrated global sub-service line of over 10,000 people delivering over $1.4bn in revenue. We provide our clients with a set of integrated services and offerings solving their most pertinent people-related business challenges. EYHRTPAS
PAS has been targeted as an area of significant growth as clients increasingly require advice in building their people’s capabilities at a time when global demand for talent and scare skills is at its highest. As well as attracting and retaining individual talent, clients are also looking at how they raise overall organisational performance through the entire workforce.
This means building their capabilities, processes and systems in workforce optimisation, inclusion, organisational development and culture.
Our Digital HR Transformation and Technology offering is one of our key growth areas within PAS, focusing on assisting our clients to navigate the Digital HR agenda, all in service of the employee experience. This covers optimising the HR function to better serve the enterprise, defining the optimum HR operating models including leveraging HRIS, cloud-based solutions, IA and emerging technologies. We are looking for both experienced candidates across the public and private sector.
As a member of our Digital HR Transformation and Technology team, you will join a talented group of professionals that help clients in a number of areas. These include GBS, Shared Services and next generation HR Service Delivery through virtualisation, BPO and alternative delivery modes. In addition, you will sit alongside our HR technology strategy, vendor evaluation, and enabling technology practice. In all of these areas, our focus is on achieving business outcomes for our clients as opposed to simply delivering a technical answer. The key capabilities include:
- HR Operating Model Design
- Service delivery design
- BPO Advisory e.g. business case, selection, insourcing
- GBS e.g. operating model design, transition, change management
- Payroll Strategy, Service Delivery and Transition
- Intelligent Automation (including RPA, machine learning, chatbots, and AI)
- Service Delivery and Service Orchestration technologies (Service Now, process mining etc.)
Your key responsibilities
We currently have excellent career opportunities for an experienced Senior Manager with experience of helping organisations achieve business results through the above areas. As an SM you will assist the growth of our client propositions, the building our practice and the delivery of complex client assignments.
There will be opportunities to work with clients across all sectors in an environment that will assist you in the realisation of your potential. Our work environment is both stretching and supportive and is designed to help high-performing people thrive. Examples of responsibilities you will undertake will include:
- High-level operating model design, including business case development and sourcing strategies
- Development of detailed implementation roadmaps, develop risk mitigation and governance plans, budget planning and manage project reporting
- Helping clients solve complex business problems using analytical skills to provide assisting evidence and appropriate rationale
- Providing coaching and development opportunities for junior resources and peers, and act as a visible role model for our people
Skills and attributes for success
- Be professional, quickly establishing personal credibility and demonstrating expertise
- Have strong personal impact and resilience, and be able to influence and persuade clients and stakeholders to gain assist for major changes and key decisions
- Take a practical approach to solving issues and gaining client agreement
- Be able to analyse complex problems and to deliver insightful, practical and sustainable solutions
- Be skilled in facilitating and encouraging collaboration amongst team members
- Be confident and effective in recognising and managing potential issues during client assignments
To qualify for the role you must have
You will have already achieved outstanding personal success in your current job and established yourself as an experienced management consultant, Shared Services Leader, HR Technologist and/or IT professional with design and implementation experience in a number of the following areas:
- Development of HR Service Delivery strategy, value propositions and business cases for HR Transformation/HR IT programs/Shared Services investments
- Excellent Technology knowledge and experience, covering IT trends and best practice advisory, complemented by strong HR functional and operations understanding
- Experience across the complete lifecycle of HR Transformation projects, from concept through execution and ongoing operations
- Client engagement including trusted advisor; solution expert; and project execution
- Lead large scale HR service delivery solution design and
- Development of strategic business/HR/IT/ GBS relationships with C-suite decision makers.
- Management of senior stake holders, provide robust advice to the senior management including C-suite
- Lead business development and client pursuit efforts with a strong insight of the market and purchasing trends.
- Strong market focus with an existing client base and strong client networks , ability to identify and build new opportunities and client relationships
- Past sales record of having won new business and developed existing accounts
- Successfully sell, design and deliver technology or shared services-enabled HR Transformation engagements in a broad range of industry sectors
- Structure and manage projects or programmes of work which meet and exceed client expectations and mitigate any risks or issues
- Provide coaching and development opportunities for junior resources and peers, and act as a visible role model for our people
- Building & leading a team - accountability for establishing cohesive and committed ways for teams to work closely and effectively together, including coaching
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Relevant professional experience, including for example previous work with a Big 4, global management consultancy firm, niche consultancy or performed an in-house role in which you gained exposure to a large-scale project(s)
- Personal success in current job with experience in one or more of our capabilities (see above)
- Have a primary degree and relevant post-graduate qualification
What we look for
We have many clients from various sectors talking to us about how can they assess, attract and nurture individual talent engagingly in varying contexts.
We are looking for individuals who can demonstrate real impact within various areas of Talent for our clients. We require people who can build our service offerings, understand client needs, grow our internal capability and connect effectively across our global PAS to maximise our global knowledge and experience in assisting clients to build their talent pool.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes assistance for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is a global professional services organisation providing advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. We are dedicated to doing our part in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. And we are united by our shared values and a dedication to delivering exceptional client service
We make sure our people succeed. The networks you build and the experiences you have with us will help define and accelerate the rest of your career. Last year in the UK, nearly 2,000 of our people were promoted or progressed within their grade, and we are significantly increasing the number of partners in the UK. So, when you build something better at EY, we make sure you’re rewarded.
Our People Advisory Services practice has over 10,000 practitioners operating within a globally integrated team, bringing their skills, insights and experience to support our clients.
Driven by our focused insight and innovation, PAS is best positioned to advise and influence our client’s activities at senior leadership level to respond to the scale and complexity of how and where our clients work globally, making us the trusted advisor of choice to our clients and creating more opportunities for our people. As a result, we’re continually seeking new markets, new perspectives and better ways to deliver value.
EY is dedicated to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.