Marketing Manager, Client & Industries, Regions, Home working
5 days left
- Contract Type
- Contract - interim/fixed term
Deloitte’s aspiration is to become the undisputed leader in professional services. The Clients & Industries strategy is a key enabler of this aspiration; aiming to build enviable client loyalty with our priority and strategic accounts in our chosen markets, such that these clients will turn first to Deloitte when faced with a major challenge. In our UK Regions, a Clients & Industries Marketing Manager (C&I) is required to support the Partners and the wider business in engaging with our key clients in a meaningful way. The individual will be responsible for the delivery of the Marketing aspects of the regional plan We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
The candidate will be required to develop and deliver the a regional marketing and communications plan for a dedicated region, driving forward a suite of activity, which directly supports the key client programme in the region – with a specific focus on the ‘Supergrowth’ accounts and priority industry groups/sectors. The candidate will lead work in a small team to ensure the plan is executed in a highly efficient and effective manner whilst directly working with the Client Portfolio/C&I Lead to ensure the plan responds to the needs of our client community. The Marketing Manager will be required to advise, guide and support the Partner group in outlining a best practice marketing plan whilst engaging firm-wide assets, resources and networks in order to deliver this. The contract will be from January 2021 to end of May 2021
- Work with the Client Portfolio/C&I Lead to develop and implement the regional C&I strategy to support revenue growth, strengthen relationships and raise market/brand profile.
- Understand the strategic business issues, provide expert marketing advice, influence, challenge and inspire partners.
- Will draw on a deep level of experience within marketing demonstrating the link between the strategy and the plan created.
- Work with the Client Portfolio/C&I Lead to prioritise needs for C&I support within the regional strategy.
- Work with the Client Portfolio/C&I Lead to create a C&I marketing plan for the Region, which responds to the regional growth priorities and which delivers a return on investment
- Definition and delivery of both account-based and campaign-based marketing and overall positioning activity where it directly supports the development of relationships.
- Be well informed of all internal and external communication activity
- Work with the PR Agency/Comms supplier to ensure full coverage of all communications elements
- Keep up to date with pan-regional and national internal and external communication initiatives
- Leading by example, demonstrates an understanding of competitor activity, growth industry areas and influencers in the regions.
- Ensure the Marketing plan responds directly to client feedback received from the key client programme portfolio.
- Work with the wider regions C&I team to identify and respond to opportunities on a pan-regional basis, sharing best practice and creating synergies in delivery and implementation.
- Collaborate with service line and industry colleagues to feed into the development and planning of campaigns, driving local delivery of specific service line/industry initiatives relevant to our key client programme.
- The candidate will report to the C&I Lead and have a direct relationship with the Practice Senior Partner for their region.
- Work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: Any – this will be home based role
Work pattern: This is a fixed term contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time basis.
Your professional experience
- Excellent communication skills are necessary - in particular a high level of written and attributes spoken English.
- Must be capable of interacting with client board members, other senior clients, senior Deloitte partners and external senior advisors
- Influencing skills - as a specialist adviser to the partnership, the post holder will need to be able to put his/her views across clearly and have the confidence to challenge senior people
- Demonstrate a strong level of emotional intelligence, experience of managing complex situations successfully
- Strong project management and organisational skills
- Strong commercial awareness of relevant issues
- Strategic thinker who can identify themes/issues for the regional firm
- Ability to work under pressure/to deadlines and of managing multiple priorities simultaneously
- Extensive marketing and business development experience ideally within a regional setting
- Consulting with senior stakeholders
- Setting out a clear vision and direction
- Designing and overseeing the implementation of integrated Clients & Industries plans
- Proven track record of working in a complex, matrix or multi-faceted environment
Your service line: Enabling Functions
At Deloitte, we’re all about making an impact that matters, together. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000 strong Enabling Functions teams. With our combined specialist skills and business partnering expertise, we provide all the essential strategy, support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. So not only will you be providing world-class support to our internal clients, you’ll be making an impact for all the hugely influential organisations Deloitte works with too. Covering all our distinct areas: Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Central Business Services, National Quality & Risk Management, Technology & Digital Services, and Real Estate, the opportunities here are vast. And what’s more, you can grow your career in whatever direction you choose. We’ll support you all the way.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation. We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make •
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms. © 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.