Independent Risk Reviewer - Assistant Manager, Audit
(Qualified Auditors / Accountants required to work in an office-based role at our Audit Centre of Excellence). Part time and full time applications welcome.
As part of our drive to deliver Distinctive Audit to our clients, we have established Centres of Excellence to support our client engagement teams throughout the UK. We now have opportunities for Independent Risk Reviewers (in External Audit) to join us where you will develop best practice and play a key role in helping deliver a high quality service to our clients.
As a qualified accountant with external audit and accounts experience, you’ll have the strong technical and risk management skills to perform Professional Standard Reviews (PSR). Liaising daily with our client engagement teams, you’ll provide them with remote support in completing risk management and quality reviews associated with the audit of statutory accounts.
Our established training programmes will provide you with an opportunity to develop both your technical and soft skills and, our internal technical training is recognised for CPE credit purposes by all the major professional institutes. No travel is required for the role and agile working can be requested.
The Assistant Manager will have responsibility for:
- Performing an independent risk focused review of the statutory accounts, group reporting and the underlying audit work
- Challenging the engagement team to ensure that results of testing and judgements are adequately documented
- Challenging the engagement team on the appropriateness of and approach to identified audit risks
- Liaising with engagement teams on resolution of any issues
- Completion of GAAP compliance reviews of statutory accounts to ensure compliance with applicable accounting standards
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Previous accounting and auditing experience
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of both UK GAAP and IFRS
- Comprehensive knowledge of International Standards on Auditing
- Fully qualified ACA or ACCA
- Computer literacy with knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and an ability to learn new packages quickly
- Ability to constructively challenge
- Understanding of risk management
- Professional scepticism
- Attention to detail
- Able to display initiative, proactivity, professionalism and confidence
- Diligence, hard work and co-operation to be an effective member of the team
- Articulate and able to demonstrate discretion
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure with a flexible approach
We are Audit
We understand our clients' operations, their industry and the issues they face. We understand an audit is not about looking back, but about helping those businesses to plan for a successful future. Together with our team you will build on our distinctive combination of specialist skills, pioneering technology, industry expertise and on-going investment to grow our business and continue to improve the market-defining services we offer.
Our Practice offers a wide ranging and challenging number of business areas in which to develop your career. These comprise business assurance within our Corporate Groups, Public Sector and Financial Services Audit groups, and advisory specialisms including Treasury Advisory, Risk Analytics and Technology Consulting.
As one of the largest audit practices, joining us will mean working with some of the leading practitioners in the industry, for some of the leading organisations in the world and towards a career goal that is entirely yours to shape.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) does not provide services to clients.
Requisition code: 124604