Project Manager, Open to flexible working
Does leading, coaching and motivating a team in lab facilities to drive business and improve and promote quality excite you? If so, this could be the perfect fit for your career.
As General Project Manager you will design and implement new lab facilities according to business needs and design and implement technical projects to improve reliability of lab facilities. You will also coordinate and give expertise for the qualification of new equipment by collaborating with site management.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Manage, coach and develop the asset, commissioning & validation team in charge of the installation and validation of new equipment
- Foster motivation and development of the whole staff through adequate performance management, feed-back, coaching, training and communication
- Organize the collection of user needs and the interface between users and engineering services in all steps of the project for new facilities/building projects or upgrades
- Drive infrastructure and technical projects
- Support the vision and deploy the strategy for lab infrastructure to ensure both short- and long-term needs in agreement with the business and top management,
- Propose and challenge validation strategy in collaboration with QA and business considering regulated versus non-regulated environments specificities
- Support and give ad hoc expertise for validation of equipment
- Create the climate for continuous improvement way of working and optimize processes with the most appropriate solution considering quality, cost and business needs
- Work across boundaries to ensure and optimize interface business partners
- Ensure compliance with QA and EHS requirements
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Pharmaceutical industry experience, R&D, or Quality Control/Assurance
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Bachelor's Degree in an engineering or technical field
- Understand QA and EHS requirements
- Ability to work with tight deadlines
- Ability to work cross-functionally and use networks throughout GSK
- Experience with continuous improvement
- Capacity to adapt priorities, organization and promote change management
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership and presentation skills
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements.