HR Officer - Part-time
We are delighted to be supporting our client in the recruitment of a part time HR Officers' role, within a small and proactive team in York. You will be working for a fast paced and constantly evolving environment within a not for profit organisation alongside the Head of HR.
Supporting employees based within the York office but also members of staff working remotely and in different locations, this is a fast paced and interesting role involving maintaining, further developing and implementing a varied portfolio of HR processes and projects including taking the lead for the full recruitment and induction journeys of new staff, the benefits package and HR IT system.
The HR officers' role includes the following:
* Dealing with day to day general HR case work
* Supporting staff training whilst supporting the full recruitment and induction processes for new staff
* Development of and running pre-defined reports and queries and preparation of the monthly payroll notification report ready for sign off
* Preparing and arranging job advertisements in the appropriate media
* Liaising with agencies and managing recruitment related correspondence
* Acting as a panel member for interviews as appropriate; preparing staff related correspondence and induction timetables
* Ensuring pre and post recruitment induction processes are completed; leading the annual staff benefits project and implementation of the election procedure
* Preparing and provision of staff data
The successful applicant for the role of HR Officer will have a positive and enthusiastic manner, discretion as well as good judgement and the ability to deal appropriately with a range of confidential and/or sensitive matters. As a minimum, you will be CIPD Level 5 qualified (or working towards) and/or equivalent experience and have a successful track record in supporting a busy HR generalist function.
Ideally you will have experience of using HR based database systems, staff benefits and associated processes as well as an understanding of salary sacrifice provision and project administration. You will have excellent IT skills and a willingness to embrace new technologies and a proven ability to interact effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
Working a minimum of 3 days, flexibility of actual hours and days worked will be negotiable.
Salary ??22-30k (pro rate) depending on experience. Appointment to this role enables access to the pension scheme, 38 days holiday inc bank holidays (pro rata) and a wide range of staff benefits.
Closing date for applications is Friday
First-stage Interview date via Teams: WC 18th January
Second Stage Face to Face interview: WC 25th January