Finance Director, Part time 21 hours/wk - including home working 1 day/wk
7 days left
- Contract Type
- 21 hours per week with some flexibility over days and times
- One day a week home working
- Evening work on occasion.
To have responsibility for all aspects of financial and management accounting for the Charity.
Responsibilities include all aspects of financial management, active development and support of organisational strategy, and monitoring systems, controls and support with grant proposals/tenders to secure and maintain the long-term health of the Charity.
You will lead the reporting and analysis of all financial information and will develop and implement recommendations aimed at delivering the most cost effective outcomes consistent with the Charity’s constitution.
- Prepare, review, and adhere to the budgets for each business department
- Lead in Trust-wide budgetary planning
- Ensure that all of the company's financial practices are in line in statutory regulations and legislation
- Analyse the financial climate and market trends to assist senior staff and trustees in creating strategic plans for the future
- Interpret complex financial information and provide updates and information as needed
- Monitor cash flow, accounts, and other financial transactions
- Supervise the other financial staff member in the facilitation of day-to-day operations, including tracking financial data, invoicing, payroll, etc.
- Prepare monthly management accounts and annual statutory accounts
- Deliver reporting to the Finance Sub-Committee and act as Senior Management lead on that committee
- Seek out methods and practices to minimise financial risk
- Contract auditing services to ensure financial monitoring is up-to-date
- Prepare the accounts for audit
- Lead on and be the main point of contact for audit
- Create and maintain relationships with service providers and contractors, including banking institutions and external accountants
- Update and implement financial policies and procedures and keep abreast of technical accounting changes
- Maintain a policy manual for the finance department
- Provide line management to the finance staff
- To recruit finance staff
- Establish and implement a training programme for new finance employees.
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to be a success in this role, please click the Apply button and upload your CV and a short covering letter outlining why this role is for you. We look forward to hearing from you.
Apply for Finance Director, Part time 21 hours/wk - including home working 1 day/wk
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly