Assistant Manager, Consulting QRM, Quality Risk and Security, Open to flexible working
Discover, investigate, influence. Our sharp, analytical minds are relied upon to ensure that Deloitte operates safely in an increasingly complex regulatory environment. Are you up to the challenge? We are part of a national department, operating out of both our Cardiff & London offices, and form a division of the firm’s Quality, Risk & Security (QRS) function. The focus of our Centre of Excellence is the support to our client facing colleagues across the UK firm and Deloitte network. We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
We are looking for an individual to take on an Analytics and Management Reporting Assistant Manager role to support Consulting Quality & Risk Management (Consulting QRM) team in data analysis, reporting, dashboard development as well as other operational activities and improvement initiatives. The individual will work in a new Cardiff-based extension of the well-established team with opportunities to engage with senior staff across QRM in the Consulting business. We are looking for someone with drive and a strong work ethic who can adapt and shape their role and refine existing processes. A key aspect of the role involves support with a regular monthly reporting cycle to produce Consulting leadership reports and insight and analysis within the QRM team. The candidate must therefore be dependable and able to turn around reports to a clear timeframe. The candidate should be highly proficient in data manipulation and reports/dashboards generation (predominantly in Excel and preferably with Tableau experience too), ideally with three or more years’ experience. This role offers the opportunity to work in a challenging yet rewarding environment, and may bring opportunities to engage with colleagues in other Deloitte member firms as well as at the global level through DTTL.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Development and monthly/weekly refresh of reports and dashboards in Excel, PowerPoint and Tableau to support monthly QRM reporting activities
- Ownership and ongoing development of the QRM Cost of Quality database
- Supporting and working closely with our Senior Analytics Consultant to develop new insight and analysis, particularly within Tableau
- Identifying process issues/opportunities for service improvement, taking ownership to action/deliver as appropriate
- Ongoing update of Consulting QRM Intranet materials and tools (for example the QRM chatbot)
- Updating of Quality and Risk training material, including e-learning
- Supporting both the day to day tasks of the team as well as the development and performance of individuals within the team
- Reviewing and quality assuring outputs of junior members, identifying trends and proposing/implementing appropriate solutions
- Ensuring that prompt and regular communication and support is maintained between all internal and external parties to ensure seamless and consistent service levels are maintained at all times
- Identify and pursue scope for process enhancements to improve efficiency and facilitate continuous improvement.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a full time basis. Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
We are looking for individuals with:
- Experience working with large/multiple data sets and reporting in Excel including complex formulae
- Experience in data analysis to support decision making (financial/pricing experience is a plus)
- Experience developing presentations in PowerPoint for senior stakeholders
- Experience developing dashboards in Tableau or a similar data visualisation tool
- Excellent attention to detail with a commitment to ensuring timely delivery to the highest standards
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, strong team player
- Proactivity and ability to self-organise and manage conflicting priorities
- Experience of people management and development
Additional desirable, but not essential, experience includes:
- Experience with SQL, VBA or coding in other languages
- Experience working with SharePoint workflows
- Project management experience
Your service line: Quality, Risk and Security
The Quality, Risk and Security (QRS) community is an overarching identity for all of the professionals who manage quality and risk for Deloitte. It comprises: Deloitte Business Security (DBS), National Quality and Risk Management (NQRM), Quality & Risk Operations (QR Ops), and Service Line Quality and Risk Management teams (including Switzerland), and is led by a dedicated partner who sits on the firm’s Executive. Within QRS, we use our skills and experience across a variety of disciplines to support a risk intelligent culture at Deloitte; enabling our partners and practitioners to deliver high quality services to their clients, minimising the administrative burden on our people, and acting as custodians of firm risk, security, ethics and reputation.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, and Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, and Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation. We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms. © 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.