Head, Global Medical Affairs Research and Alliances (Oncology), Open to flexible working
5 days left
- Contract Type
Are you interested in a highly visible medical affairs role that allows you to shape and execute the brand medical strategy, while engaging with a broad range of highly specialized experts? If so, this Head, Global Medical Affairs Research and Alliances (Oncology) role could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
This role will provide YOU with the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following...
The role is overall accountable for the activities noted below for ALL GSK oncology assets in Early and Late development stages:
Partnering with Global Medical Affairs Disease Area heads to develop high quality, disease area evidence generation strategy
- Supports the Disease Area Heads in Reviewing and challenging asset and disease area evidence generation strategy
Development and delivery of consistent, efficient and compliant evidence generation ways of working within GMA Oncology, covering ISS, SCS and Medical Affairs led GSK sponsored studies
- Defines, develops and embeds consistent roles and responsibilities, processes and deliverables across disease areas
- Partners with Finance, Disease Area Heads and TA Head to assess current and future needs and associated budgetary requirements and headcount, including the preparation of reports/requests for senior leadership and governance bodies such as aPIB
Ensuring the development of high-quality portfolio wide Manage Access strategy
- Oversees the development of a scalable, sustainable Compassionate Use Program (Head of Managed Access Program responsible); including operating model design and implementation
- Partners with the Head of Managed Access Programs to assess current/future needs and associated budgetary requirements and headcount, including the preparation of reports/requests for senior leadership/governance bodies such as aPIB
Forming Alliances with Institutions, networks and Cooperative Groups
- As the accountable senior leader for Global Medical Affairs research the individual will drive the creation of research alliances (collaborative research studies- clinical and pre-clinical) across pre-specified institutions, networks and cooperative groups to expedite data delivery
Staff development and championing Global Medical, Patient Excellence, R&D, and Enterprise wide change initiatives
- As a key member of the medical TA leadership team, leads and develops people including recruitment and talent reviews
- Leads the adoption of new processes and systems and leads staff through organization-wide change initiatives e.g. Code of Practice, Integrated Resource Management, Insights
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Masters Degree
- 10+ years industry experience, spanning Medical Affairs and clinical development, with direct experience managing either/both clinical trials, supported Studies and Compassionate Use
- Over 5 years in oncology research
- At least 3 years in a large region (US or EU) overseeing managed access program and research
- Experience working in global roles, leading teams, extensive Medical Affairs and late phase development.
- Understanding of GCP regulatory and market access reimbursement requirements.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Doctorate level (Pharm D, PHD, MD)
- Highly developed leadership, networking, communication and influencing skills to work effectively in a complex matrix environment.
- Track record of effective, impactful leadership that engages people, brings acceleration and develops people.
- Excellent presentation and media skills for both internal and external audiences.
- Ability to deliver effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management and scientific audiences using original or innovative techniques or style.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk, governance and control, managing ambiguity and paradox.
- Managing individual performance.
- Creating a performance culture and driving results, prioritisation, execution, delivering performance.
- Setting strategic direction and leading on-going organisational transformation.
- Building a resilient organisation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration in service of common goals, engaging the organisation and building trusted external networks for mutual benefit.
- Managing P&L and capital allocation.
*This is a job description to aide in the job posting, but does not include all job evaluation details.
*LI - GSK*
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements.